SAU Community

Invite: HCC Track Day / Minisprint - 17 May 2003

typerlc

Rain is frustrating at first, then its the great fun... although i recommend you pay a wet track a little more respect then i did the 1st time. I spun off like 6 times that day (yeh so whats so unusual about that) and ended up driving home with tuffs of grass caught in my rear spoiler/windscreen wiper/rear views.

Spinning off the end of the main straight may be bad for your health.

Im sad to be missing this day, copping liquidated damages at work at the moment for runing over schedule so overtime it is.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question... if say you only get 10 people instead of the 40 wanted, im guessing everybody just gets longer track time or does the day end short ?

Originally posted by benm

Just a question... if say you only get 10 people instead of the 40 wanted, im guessing everybody just gets longer track time or does the day end short ?

Well, we've currently got more than 10, but basically we are paying for the whole day, so we'll use the whole day regardless of how many people we have. Unless of course everyone gets sick of it and wants to go home :(

I am coming to the track day on Saturday, but I haven't got my Skylines Australia membership yet even though I posted it about 4 weeks ago. Does this matter? I'm really looking forward to it now, rain or shine.

Originally posted by Luke C

I am coming to the track day on Saturday, but I haven't got my Skylines Australia membership yet even though I posted it about 4 weeks ago. Does this matter? I'm really looking forward to it now, rain or shine.

No probs. Just turn up on the day, and you'll be accepted, as long as there are spots left.

I believe we currently have 24 entrants. Not catastrophic, but still lower than desired (35-40).

Note that there is a late fee of $10 if you enter on the day.

Regards,

Richard

I've already paid and everything, I was just checking that it was OK that I wasn't a member of a club yet.

And yeah, I know it's a fair hike. How long does it take people from the north side of Sydney?

The weather was very kind ... the whole morning session was wet, with light sprinkling for most of the time. But that gave everyone a chance to play in the rain.

The whole of the afternoon was dry ... and the track dried up pretty quickly. Good since we were timing the afternoon.

Results can be seen here:

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results....05/2003.WAKE.S1

A report from one of the entrants, with pics available here:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s...&threadid=81618

Great day. Thanks to the organisers for putting it on. I actually left early at about 2.30 after running out of petrol. I figured I may as well get a headstart since I had to drive back to Newcastle.

I was pretty happy with a 1.17 on my first time at a track.

Top day. I'm so glad it dried up there after lunch.

It was good to have some propper timing on the day. Gives you something to aim for, and you can see your improvements. :D

My sincere thanks to the HCC for organising the day. I hope to attend the next one.

Cheers,

Scott.