SAU Community

Invite: HCC Track Day / Minisprint - 17 May 2003

typerlc

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Duncan

Wow, great times there scott d. (for a 4 cylinder :D )

Didn't you get a chance to drive, typerlc?

No ... and I'm pretty dissappointed about that! Too busy collecting money, flagging and all that sort of sh*t.

And while I know you're joking Duncan, for the record, my stock ITR (DC2R or old one for the uninitiated) does low 12s with semis (I was hoping to say 11s ... I'm close, but not quite there yet). Of course track conditions play a big part in good times. And they weren't the best on the day (not bad in the arvo, but still cold).

How did your race go Duncan?

Low 12s is pretty bloody quick too, that's all I can do in the skyline. Those type rs are sweet handling cars, they just need a turbo :D

I should have gone to this instead, I ended up with 5th, 6th and a broken driveshaft :)

Good to see the numbers were better than expected.

Low 12s is pretty bloody quick too, that's all I can do in the skyline.  Those type rs are sweet handling cars, they just need a turbo :D

Who needs a turbo with performance like this: http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?...ticle_id=101836

For those that can't be bothered following the link, it's a new ITR engine (4cyl, 2.0L, NA) making 260 WHP with more to come :)

I'm having second thoughts about posting this in the lion's den. Ahhhh ... you only live once :)

Well, that's a huge output there. approx 260kw at flywheel?

I do like to 170nm torque peak at 5,500rpm :D - wouldn't want to drive up a hill!

Seriously though, that is a huge power output, but you'd have to admit it would be pretty unfriendly anywhere except a race track.

Well, that's a huge output there.  approx 260kw at flywheel?

I do like to 170nm torque peak at 5,500rpm :) - wouldn't want to drive up a hill!

Seriously though, that is a huge power output, but you'd have to admit it would be pretty unfriendly anywhere except a race track.

Hmmm ... your math has gone awry somewhere. Torque peak was 173 lb ft ... ~ 234 Nm. Still not turbo-like, but nothing to sneeze at.

Originally posted by red900ss

heh these are the lights they normally see  :uh-huh:  

Hehehe.

Yep ... that's them. Why do skylines seem to always be on the brakes. It's a bit distracting when you're passing slower cars to have their brake lights always flashing you. At least they're courteous enough to pull over when they see a real car approaching.

In case that's not clear ... maybe it's time to refresh yourself with the results:

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results....05/2003.WAKE.S1

:):P;) :bahaha: :D :D :D

(oh god, what have I got myself into?:))

lol, that photo is a huge 1!  Hell of a skyline collection you've got there.

Where were they all last sat though?

I think they're all show & dyno cars. Too fragile for racing :uh-huh:

All I have to say, is that it's easy to drive a slow car fast, but hard to drive a fast car fast :)