SAU Community

280rwkw, Stock Turbos Stock Boost

280rwkw on stock turbos?

i dont think so tim :blink:

The car was dynoed at willall racing by Martin Donnan and Peter Hall reasonably respected tuner and engine

builder respectively. I will post the graph tommorow. The turbos are stock, please feel free to check with Steve Cramp, Manta Racing, also a respected racing driver, engine and gearbox mechanic of some repute and dabbles in a spot of suspension work. In fact after checking it was 283 rwkw on standard boost.

P.S

1. My name is Warren

2. Your Avatar suits you

Edited by R31Nismoid

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

willall/martin donnon is know here in S.a for giving out higher than normal dyno readings!

yeh this dyno that dyno. f**k is there a normal dyno reading other than yours

r31nismoid is a toss he knows all!!!!

I bet you know more huh?

All i was saying is 280rwkw from a STOCK turbo'd GTR on STOCK boost is nothing but totally unreasonable

Please tell the crowd how that is wrong, and where your knowledge says thats possible

cheers

This was achived with stock turbs, 3in straightthru exhaust, Pods. PowerFC + boost controller set on stock boost. Thats it.

Anyway, back on topic. To the OP, you should be fine without one untill you do other mods.

What is the difference between the blue line and the green line? What does the blue line represent? Is that your car 100% stock or something?

I bet you know more huh?

All i was saying is 280rwkw from a STOCK turbo'd GTR on STOCK boost is nothing but totally unreasonable

Please tell the crowd how that is wrong, and where your knowledge says thats possible

cheers

mechanic for 25 years 15 of them with gibson motorsport and so yeh i might know more ya toss

14mfguf.jpg

I have posted up a 4wd drive comparison, this was prior to the PFC, boost controller, front pipes and exhaust. I agree with dyno results being all over the place but what can u do about it you have to trust someone or something, I am at the point where as long as it keeps going up who cares. I might add I change the oil every 2500km and immediately after a track day and I only use AMSOIL turbo formulated synthetic with an oil cooler. Vven with this the oil temp sometimes hits the end stop. When I do the fuel pump regulator and injectors I will post the results after another dyno run.

BTW I still havent had a response to my initial qusetion surely it cant be that hard a question.

mechanic for 25 years 15 of them with gibson motorsport and so yeh i might know more ya toss

so what did you gibson guys make with the stock turbos (on the factory boost leve)?

Oh... thats right... you were using steel wheeled turbos and not the ceramic ones

my bad

so what did you gibson guys make with the stock turbos (on the factory boost leve)?

Oh... thats right... you were using steel wheeled turbos and not the ceramic ones

my bad

who gives a f**k about boost level rwk is all that matters. nobody races dynos

ceramic turbos on 20+psi you dont think so well i know so been there done that 15 years ago toss boy

Edited by brenr33

who gives a f**k about boost level rwk is all that matters. nobody races dynos

ceramic turbos on 20+psi you dont think so well i know so been there done that 15 years ago toss boy

Considering the only comment Nismoid made was in regards to the fact that 280wkw on stock turbos and stock boost is an unreasonable figure, I think boost level is quite relevant. Or is it just that in your 15 years in motorsport you never learnt to read?

And isn't the statement "rwk is all that matters, nobody races dynos" a bit of a contradiction, since every dyno reads differently. I would have thought it was rwk(w?) that meant nothing, and that it was all about Lap Times and ETs? Or am I missing sometihng somewhere that says if you run a 11s pass with 400rwkw you're obviously faster than the guy who ran a 10s pass with 380rwkw?

Edited by Hakai

SK, I have just ordered a nismo fuel pump and regulator "as pictured" along with a set of nismo 600cc injectors to strengten my fuel system and be in a position to upgrade to r34n1 turbos or other low mounts GTSS maybe for track and targa.. I have a standard R33 GTR except for apexi powerfc and boost controller which made 283rwkw post an exhaust change. My question is after fitting the regulator do you maintain the standard pressure as it now "guaranteed" or should you increase it and if so to what pressure.

I also call BS on 283rwkw with stock turbos. I've seen 250 odd a number of times. Doesn't really matter anyway unless you are trying to tell us that it's for real. It's only useful to you if you keep using the same dyno and operator as a comparative thing. I personally try to avoid dyno's that are known to give inflated figures because I would rather know the truth - or as close as is possible given the known drawbacks of dynos generally.

That said, with 600cc injectors and the turbos you are thinking of you will be fine to keep the stock fuel pressure.

seems like that dyno needs a tuneup!

It was done on shootout mode. Should be fairly acurate. My guess is that the blue line is stock boost, and the green line is considerably higher than stock boost. Was probably tuned on high-boost because if the temptation was there to raise the boost, then you wouldn't need a retune.