SAU Community

Alarm Flashing Led

Noel

Hi

I have just about a R33 S2 & will be putting in an alarm on weekend...I have had a quick look & have no idea where to mount (without drilling a hole in actual dash) the Flashing Red LED light? In my old pulsar i just put it in one of the spare detachable little black panels (next to electric mirror switch) but dont have this option in the skyline

Where have you guys mounting yours? (pics would be great)

Thanks

Hi

I have just about a R33 S2 & will be putting in an alarm on weekend...I have had a quick look & have no idea where to mount (without drilling a hole in actual dash) the Flashing Red LED light? In my old pulsar i just put it in one of the spare detachable little black panels (next to electric mirror switch) but dont have this option in the skyline

Where have you guys mounting yours? (pics would be great)

Thanks

Some have it on the steering column's plastic bit.

Some have it on the left side dash behind the wiper switch, to the right of the clock.

Some have it on the right side dash near where the mirror adjust knob is.

You can pretty much put it anywhere, but the main thing would be to allow others to see it flashing I guess.

Drilling a hole in the dash isnt that bad is it? :

Without sounding like to much of a smart ass. If you dont know how/where to mount the LED, are you quailified to install an alarm. And I dont just mean wire it up and stash it in the kick panel, i mean really wire it in and hide it so it will be useful in a theft and not easy pickings for someone.

As for your question, Dont put an led in, take the theif by surprise evertime, this way, hopefully when they come for your car at 3am on that cold winters morning, they dont come prepared.

My 2c..

Without sounding like to much of a smart ass. If you dont know how/where to mount the LED, are you quailified to install an alarm. And I dont just mean wire it up and stash it in the kick panel, i mean really wire it in and hide it so it will be useful in a theft and not easy pickings for someone.

As for your question, Dont put an led in, take the theif by surprise evertime, this way, hopefully when they come for your car at 3am on that cold winters morning, they dont come prepared.

My 2c..

Agree if you dont know how to mount an LED you should not be installing an alarm hehe but If you read the post what i was asking is if it could be done without drilling a hole in the dash & where others had mounted theirs. What & wait til they smash your windows to scare them off?

Anyhow...thanks for info guys/gals

A professional wont just guess if you have an alarm or not by looking for a flashing light. They'll come prepared either way, so the flashing light wont tell them any more then they already *should* expect. If they want your car they can get it, LED flashing or not.

I dont understand the concept of not having the LED. Every shit head that thinks they can break into a car, kick the dash and mess with some wires to get it started will be detered by the LED, they wont even think twice about it. Whereas if they dont think there is an alarm they'll smash the window and once the alarm sounds they'll go running.

That still leaves you with a smashed window.

A professional wont just guess if you have an alarm or not by looking for a flashing light. They'll come prepared either way, so the flashing light wont tell them any more then they already *should* expect. If they want your car they can get it, LED flashing or not.

I dont understand the concept of not having the LED. Every shit head that thinks they can break into a car, kick the dash and mess with some wires to get it started will be detered by the LED, they wont even think twice about it. Whereas if they dont think there is an alarm they'll smash the window and once the alarm sounds they'll go running.

That still leaves you with a smashed window.

Agree 110%

Edited by Noel