SAU Community

Rb26 Factory Clearances...

I am building a few RB26's, everything is fine and dandy but since I am from Canada no machinist here has any factory information about the RB engines. Sooooo I need to know all factory clearances and torque settings and patterns for the RB26. Pretty much all the information my machinist will need will be very helpful!

I am also fixing the oil drive since these are all early R32 engines and I’ve herd of you guys welding the snout then c and c afterwards. Anyway my machinist doesn’t think welding should be done unless it has to be so I was wondering if you guys have pressed on those JUN collars for the oil drive. I need full oil drive on these cranks because the people I sell these cars to are stupid and want it. I normally just over fuel the car and ditch the rev limit but these guys just want the drive to be good.

Any who thanks for your help, Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. Mod can move it where needed.

I have an early rb26 crank at the machine shop for the oil pump drive mod.

They are machining down the snout to shink fit a billet sleeve which they will machine down to factory spec of the later crank.

I've been assured by these guys that setscrews will not be necessary if the collar is done this way.

of the top of my head..

being a sissan six just pretend its an L series.

oil clearance 1-1.8thou both on big ends and mains

(1.8 is better)

piston to bore clearance 1.2-2 thou

ring end gaps as per usual such and such thou per inch of bore.

head bolts 110nm

not sure on bigends or maines.

have to get back to you with that :D