SAU Community

Targeted!

yoshiE

Hi guys and girls,

Last night, Saturday night, I was in town with the boys and left a club about 1am. As we got in the car and proceeded down Hindley St and Rundle St I was amazed about the amount of police pulling over cars and defecting them. I would say I saw 15 cars defected within half an hour. The cars targeted were imports and commodores. There were many unroadworthy cars travelling on these roads, but it was the imports that were mainly targeted. Over the last 6 months it has become out of control. The people that put time and effort into their cars are getting reamed by yellow stickers as soon as they drive out of the garage. I know if you have a good car you wouldn’t really drive on these streets on a Saturday night but something has to be done.

Is there anything we as a community of import drivers could do to some how protest or inquire into the revenue schemes of the government? We as import drivers are NOT all hoons, but rather car enthusiasts and this needs to be shown to the people of Australia!!!

I hope others also have input on this topic.

Cheers

Josh

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EDIT BY CUBES

Please keep it on topic ax53b70p25, your post was reported by another forum member, there's no need for personal attacks. Please be civil and there won't be any problems.

nothing that we can do. Even if we write to the government saying that we are enthusiast drivers - some idiot will probably do the fast and the furious thing and ignite the whole debate again.....

enjoy the car while u can....

i saw a rusting old chrysler drive down past cops sounded aweful like no muffler and they looked and saw it was an old car and then looked away, took a couple of looks at my car tho even tho they didnt hear it just saw it after looking at the chrysler

Me and a mate went to the autobarn sale on friday night and between the start of rundle street and the end of hindly street (about 945pm) we counted about 20 odd cops, there was a defect station near hungry jacks and as there wasnt too much traffic so any car going down would have got done, my mate was lucky he was driving on the opposite side of the defect station or he would have been done for sure, dont give them the pleasure of defecting your car, keep outta the city as others have said friday and saturday nights unless of course the idea of going to regency excites you, I havent driven my car in the city on friday or satrurday nights in over a year and I will continue to do so, I mean if you can be defected in your driveway as I was, city driving on a sat and friday night is a no go!

I drove my last 180SX into the city once and never drove it there again. The sheer abuse by bogans saying my cars too loud and threatening to bash me, made me decide not to drive there again. All the police are doing is forcing people to go underground and be more wreckless as running away from the cops sometimes seems more logical than stopping :rofl:

i was in rundel street lastnight bout 10:30-11 saw a nice black r33 gtr with 4 cops going over it. yes thats right 4 of the piggys. the car looked fairly stock with some nice chromes on it i thnk. this is really crap somethn needs to be done im a regency virgin so i cant really do anythn but feel sorry for all of u that have had ur cherrys poped by the cops.

i drive my car where ever i want, wats the point of not driving it when u have it? i drove through town last nite for about an hr n even pulled up next 2 cops n they just nodded at me.

Since this new fast and the Furious movie has come out, political figures are going to look at it and address imports as even more of an issue.

Defecting cars is a real cheap shot at minimising hooning imo, because it's indirect and gets those that aren't wreckless in the process.

i never notced any cops looking at my car in traffic or anything. I work around the corner from the sturt station and see lots of cop cars going past me each day

Yer its not too bad down this way, head a little more south (Moana way) or North (city way) and you do get a few more looks.

We were driving from Payneham the other night, My R32 is completely stock looking, its really difficult to see the fmic even, my other half spotted a young lady cop rubber knecking as they drove past... load of crap really, but nothing that can be done. Keep it looking stock with good tyres, not lowered, no big milo tins, drive sensibly (as not to earn a rep as they do spot ppls driving spiritedly and chase them down later to harasse)

As an interesting note.. My other half was talking to a cop that came in to her work some time ago, they got on to the topic of cars so she asked him if they 'really' pick on imports, he replied by generalising all import drivers are hoons and we pull them over for a look if they are 1. Lowered and 2. run a big shinny exhaust that look like milo tins. Exact words. :glare:

Cubes is right, unless you are being a total wanker or really asking for it (ie rundle or hindley on friday/sat nights) there is no reason to be worried

Stickers also attract allot of attention

I actually got pulled over about a fortnight ago, I was driving down near regency park golf course on south road, came around the corner to see a heap of police cars..

Instincts kicked in, and I turned at the next right about 200m before the police cars. My other half said, a cop just ran to his car when you turned then.....

I got chased, and pulled up in the industrial area opposite the golf course

I pulled up as soon as I saw his lights flashing, about two corners into the industrial area. Got out, turned my car of before he stopped

He asked why did I run, did I hate cops, was I drink driving, or warrants out for my arrest, I just said no. He did the breath test, blew 0.00.

He had a quick look around my car, and said to get going, and next time just to stop, most cops aren't arseholes mate!

If I was sensible, I should I just drove through it, and been on my merry way. So faith in our Police force has been given a bit of a boost after that

If you give them reason to pull you over, then you have to expect adverse response, in my case, I was polite and told to be on my way

Thanks for the response guys. I know what everyone is saying is true and i do the same but i was trying to make the point that even if your car is alittle low you shouldnt get a pole reemed in your ass for it!

Thanks for the response guys. I know what everyone is saying is true and i do the same but i was trying to make the point that even if your car is alittle low you shouldnt get a pole reemed in your ass for it!

That depends how low.. I too often see silvia's and the odd r33 that runs suspension so damn hard you can see the car bouncing slightly over bumps. I would hate to hit a pot hole mid corner. :happy:

Its always been this way, illegally lowering suspension can be damn dangerous.