SAU Community

Can Someone Help

not2.5 r33

hi guys

ive recently bought my car a r33 gts t ive got some pretty basic questions because i dont no alot about these cars first can someone tell me the best oils to use??

on the dash there are little led lights for hicas slip a-lsd abs i think whats the go with these if they light up does that mean there working or not because the hicas and a lsd light up just out of the blue when im driving ??

with the a-lsd is this a proper lsd or a viscous because sometimes only one wheel spins not very often but yea i think thats bout it so if anyone could answer these that would be great

cheers

If your hicas light comes on it means its not working or having some mid life crisis.

If your alsd comes on it means that its engaged and is working. Alsd means active lsd and is nothing like normal lsd's they use a separate hydraulic system to activate the parts inside the diff that are lsd.

I used to have the A-LSD version skyline. This feature was an upgraded option when bought new and cost quite a bit extra to get.

This model of skyline with the upgraded options are often referred to as a V-SPEC model.

Search the forum for A-LSD and you will find a wealth of information, it has been covered many times before.

I used to find that my A-LSD light would come on if there weas a fault (particularly on a dyno or something). The slip light will come on everytime the computer senses that the two wheels are spinning at different speeds.

You should also have an extra computer underneath your parcel shelf in the boot as the diff also runs it's own stand alone computer.

ok thanks guys so is the a lsd a good thing and whats the go with v spec is that also a good thing ive really gotta learn about this damn car i dont have a clue about most of it i just enjoy driving it haha yea i think there is a extra computer in the boot is that what your talking about

ok thanks guys so is the a lsd a good thing and whats the go with v spec is that also a good thing ive really gotta learn about this damn car i dont have a clue about most of it i just enjoy driving it haha yea i think there is a extra computer in the boot is that what your talking about

Best thing to do is to search the forum for information, that's the best way to learn. Theres no point in me writing everything out again when it's already spelt out on the forums.

All of those lights mean there is a fault if they are on...except slip, that just means you are breaking traction :D (Mine didmt work but :( ) Do you have an after market steering wheel?? This can cause issues for A-LSD and Hicas...the A-LSD comuter is located in the boot there is a red light on it that will flash an error code if the dash light comes on...get the number of flashes then search this forum and it will tell you what is wrong

The A-LSD will not spin both if it is not functioning....However if it is only a momentary spin in a tight corner I found that mine did not spin both...I think this is programmed in

As for oil I like Penrite 5w60....motul turbo light nearly killed my engine :rofl:

And for gearbox and diff go for redline shockproof :D really expensive but really really good

As for oil I like Penrite 5w60....motul turbo light nearly killed my engine :D

How so Andy? What did it do? Was this the 33 or the 32? :rofl:

not2.5 r33, for your info I use Motul competition oil for the engine.

How so Andy? What did it do? Was this the 33 or the 32? :D

not2.5 r33, for your info I use Motul competition oil for the engine.

It couldnt take heat and it broke down to become a black water like substance..providing no lubrication at all...I still have it at home I will show you one day...it was in the R32

ok thanks heeps guys and i dont have a aftermarket steering wheel but it looks like it has been taken off recently because its out of alignment also where do i check the level of fluid for the lsd if this is even possible ive tried searching this site but i havent been to lucky yet

so thanks for the info

cheers

ok thanks heeps guys and i dont have a aftermarket steering wheel but it looks like it has been taken off recently because its out of alignment also where do i check the level of fluid for the lsd if this is even possible ive tried searching this site but i havent been to lucky yet

so thanks for the info

cheers

Aha! Get that steering wheel fixed up and I am pretty sure that will solve it! The steering wheel has steering angle sensors in the bottom of it and there are some in the boss. If they are not aligned properly you will get faults in the HICAS and the A-LSD as that information is used by these two systems to decide when and when not to be active

The fluid for the A-LSD is in the boot on the right hand side there is a little flap in the lining ou can open and you will see the canister there

For hicas also, theres a sensor in the steering wheel that can sometimes loose it's connection if it's not moved for a while... Example, driving on a freeway and making very little to slight turns. My Hicas light used to do this. It wasn't doing any damage, just came on.

The could be quite a few reasons, best bet would be to get it data streamed and see what faults are coming up. Not many places have the data streamer, mainly Nissan Caryards IIRC. Although, Gavin Wood does have one.

That's how all my faults were diagnosed when I first got the car, hicas light came on after driving for like 2 minutes and stayed on. Turns out that a wire between the speedo and computer had been cut so the computer wasn't getting the signals. Along with hicas, abs, speed limiter and many other things weren't working.