SAU Community

hi guys ive recently bought a r33 gts t

im new to these cars and the a lsd light comes on sumtimes for no reason as far as i know can any one help me with this is this a common problem and also are there certain hydraulic pumps and computers to check for the lsd or anything like this any info would be great cheers

Yes skylines can have an A-lsd light.

It means you have an active spec LSD version of the skyline.

Run some searches there's a shipload of info on this site about the A-Lsd.

As for it intermitently turning on. Do you have a power-fc? If you do I strongly suggest you look at the signature of a guy on here called PaulR33 as this is a fault that happens with the A-lsd failing and power fc's, but he's got the cure (read: DIY) to fix the problem.

If you don't have an Power FC.

Perhaps a fault with your abs sensors or the computer itself, or the hydralics, or a lack of fluid?

Some Gtst's came with the vspec diff you are very lucky as they are a rare option.

The A-LSD light in the tacho it only comes on if there is a problem. The ECU for the ALSD is in the boot. Does it stay on always or just come on now and then?

Chris

Nah, Actually, this site is pretty gay regarding a-lsd. I keep asking about certain things about a-lsd.

No one knows what fluid it uses. no one knows how to bleed the system.

No one actually knows how it performs relative to the normal gtr 2way diff.

Searching will get you info about fully sik people talking about fully sik stuff. but nothing actually useful about the a-lsd.

Like there's info about how people have installed fully sik power fcs into their fully sik skylines to make them fully sik and go quicker.

does someone actually know anything useful about the a-lsd? if so, please post.

i dont have a power fc its got a microtech computer its not on all the time only intermitently where do i check the fluid for this if possible and does this meen the car is a v-spec or just the lsd is out of one cheers guys

Check fluid in a space in the boot on the right hand side, you'll see a little canister behind a little clipped on segment.

The fluid it takes is power steering fluid.

As for the microtech, this might be causing the problem, from memory the A-Lsd computer requires a signal from the ECU that aftermarket computers generally don't give and have to be modified to suit.

Here I've run the search for you, check this link out:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=107656

Now I realise that you don't have a power Fc, but the premise behind the solution should be the same for the microtech.

Yes skylines can have an A-lsd light.

It means you have an active spec LSD version of the skyline.

Run some searches there's a shipload of info on this site about the A-Lsd.

As for it intermitently turning on. Do you have a power-fc? If you do I strongly suggest you look at the signature of a guy on here called PaulR33 as this is a fault that happens with the A-lsd failing and power fc's, but he's got the cure (read: DIY) to fix the problem.

If you don't have an Power FC.

Perhaps a fault with your abs sensors or the computer itself, or the hydralics, or a lack of fluid?

hmmmm. i love it when people get credit for my work :

putting it simply.. while driving the light will come on when the wheels slip. (lets you know its working)

if not. you need to aply the tps signal to the a-lsd ecu. just check "moonie" 's topic on a-lsd. i fixed it for her at wsid :dry: with a multimetre and some eletrical tape :)

hmmmm. i love it when people get credit for my work :

putting it simply.. while driving the light will come on when the wheels slip. (lets you know its working)

if not. you need to aply the tps signal to the a-lsd ecu. just check "moonie" 's topic on a-lsd. i fixed it for her at wsid :) with a multimetre and some eletrical tape :whistling:

Hey man, apologies, credit where credit's due.

I just remembered following the post about the fault with the A-Lsd (As I have one in my car, but my ecu is still standard), and remember Paul copying it to his link on FAQ on A-Lsd's.

how about if someone actually says how to blled the syhstem and what fluid it uses?

There is a bleeder nipple on the right hand side under the car runs along the right hand chassis and is roughly above the diff cradle. Make sure the car is running and bleed out the air from there.

It is difinitley power steer fluid. It will also read low when the car is off! So don't over fill it.

cheers for all the info guys i mite attempt to bleed it on the week end there is red oil ontop of another coloured oil like some one said on a previous post in my canister so i mite replace it can anyone tell me a specific type of oil to use and a rough price

cheers guys