SAU Community

Electronic Superchargers & Earthing Kits

D-limo

Noticed an ad in HPI #67 for an Australian company called Cre8tec. The product they were advertising was the 'Electronic Supercharger' Wich they claim can increase engine torque by up to 20%!! Umongst other things. Has anyone used this product? Is it probable that it could help with increasing turbo response?

Also have heard stories of slightly increased turbo response from installing Earthing kits. These are getting cheap now days.

Thoughts and experiences please :laugh:

Edit: btw I'm not a ricer.. Just the idea of possible cheap/easy lag reducing products interests me :D

BELOW IS A PIC OF THE ELECTRONIC SUPERCHARGER

post-15238-1151399276.jpg

Edited by Drift_Limo

Why would you buy a product nobody uses,and for good reason,when you could just turn up the boost? Not to mention setup time getting it to work.Any electronicly dependent product will also drain your battery a lot faster as I believe that is just a hi-speed fan.Don`t waste your money.

Thirty years of throwing money down the drain at things that don`t work or make so little difference that it will, and I mean WILL end up on an already crowded shelf in the deep dark corner of your garage.Take my advice only if you want to but please watch what others do and if they have found something that works,copy them.Being the first to do anything is overated.

Your right in that he did not understand the actual product you mentioned, but unfortunately you do not either, as his advice applies in equal messure to the outrageous claims made by this device.

Do not confuse this "Electronic Supercharger!??" Black box with two or three wires ( NOT that other fan type from UK ) against a valid product such as the "Electronic Earthing Kit"

The electronic earthing kit has merrit in that it just allows for a decent earth return around your engine and ancilaries. BTW I have done this myself by just buying some longer battery style cables and bolting on in a few places on the engine / chassis, Its JUST a GOOD EARTH!

The other "Electronic Supercharger" is possibly similar to the products exposed by ZOOM some time ago.

Now more importantly, can I interest you in 120 Million USD I have been left by an uncle who once lived in Nigeria and inherited a Diamond Mine? Just send me your bank account det...........

LOL let me make it clear that I am almost as skeptical as you guys

Your right in that he did not understand the actual product you mentioned, but unfortunately you do not either,

Wich is why I posted the topic.. Unfortunatly you were unable to explain in further detail how it works (or is meant to)

The electronic earthing kit has merrit in that it just allows for a decent earth return around your engine and ancilaries. BTW I have done this myself by just buying some longer battery style cables and bolting on in a few places on the engine / chassis, Its JUST a GOOD EARTH!

Yes. Maybe you could mention if you noticed a change in engine behavior?

I would rather save the hassle and pay the extra $20+

Now more importantly, can I interest you in 120 Million USD I have been left by an uncle who once lived in Nigeria and inherited a Diamond Mine? Just send me your bank account det...........

Wouldn't it be smarter to send me your account details? So I can deposit the money into your account? :D

Noticed an ad in HPI #67 for an Australian company called Cre8tec. The product they were advertising was the 'Electronic Supercharger' Wich they claim can increase engine torque by up to 20%!! Umongst other things. Has anyone used this product? Is it probable that it could help with increasing turbo response?

Also have heard stories of slightly increased turbo response from installing Earthing kits. These are getting cheap now days.

Thoughts and experiences please :D

Edit: btw I'm not a ricer.. Just the idea of possible cheap/easy lag reducing products interests me :D

Hey there..I have read a little about those and really dont know how they work.Though I was surprised that theres a electronic cupercharger kit for sale for a celica thats part of the aftermarket air intake kit..its boxy shaped and real small (cant see no belts or nothing like those normal superchargers)and its fitted right after the air intake.And theres supposedly some power and torque gains from those but havnt been proven and ive never met anyone whos had them installed.Nor any other article that supports that product.

Funnily enough..I was told by a mate (who knows his sh*t about supras) about electronic turbochargers which are a cheap option for power gains but can only boost up to 5psi.Anyone else head of them?

Havnt heard much about slightly increased turbo response from installing Earth kits..like someone else said its just good earthing as time will wear away everything on cars..its just wise to install better earthing kits.There are some gains.

Um i remember reading about thema long time ago on SDU..megala asked about them,heres the link.

http://www.skylinesdownunder.com/forums/se...?searchid=43191

Hope that helps..But in the end,do some serious research into them as you dont want to end up spending money on something thats just nothing.

From what I understand about electric superchargers & turbos is that the majority of them are aimed at smaller NA vehicles that want a little kick for a short amount of time by increasing intake by 1 or 2 psi.

They also require a lot of current to drive them and so having any more than short bursts will quickly deplete your battery.

Some of them have an auxillary battery, but then it only increases the amount of time you can have the motor on. I.e. no good for track work.

Other people have tried taking current directly from the alternator but what gains you make through increase air you lose through additional load on the engine due to the load on the alternator.

What people should look at is using an electric motor to assist the spooling up of large turbos, but then let the exhuast drive the turbine normally.

What people should look at is NOT BOTHERING WITH SHIT

here i fixed it up for you! (no im not haveing a stab at you)

seriously DONT f**kING BOTHER, the bastards that make that shit need their heads kicked in for selling crap that does nothing. thats right IT DOES NOTHING.

those things cant flow near enough air to make ent difference, infact your better off getting 10 computer fans and makeing a stack of them and using them in your intake, it will probably do better than the mentioned product

here i fixed it up for you! (no im not haveing a stab at you)

seriously DONT f**kING BOTHER, the bastards that make that shit need their heads kicked in for selling crap that does nothing. thats right IT DOES NOTHING.

those things cant flow near enough air to make ent difference, infact your better off getting 10 computer fans and makeing a stack of them and using them in your intake, it will probably do better than the mentioned product

.. yeah I was just being polite about it :D

LOL I swear I'm going to be labelled a ricer after this :D I think a couple of you guys are getting this product mixed up with an actual external electricly powered supercharger (lol). No way would I consider paying for such a product.

BTW the top model rrp for the electronic supercharger is $999!!!!! Even if it did prove to work I'm unsure if the costs (+ installation for some) would really be worth it

http://www.cre8tec.com.au/product/main_view.php?pid=27

Guest Mashrock

Cre8tec gives you the best of both worlds; ECONOMY and PERFORMANCE

haha thoese words can never be in the same sentence.

i have seen and read about some electronic turbo charged applications. Which run off the battery to compress air instead of exhaust gasses... Supercharger is probably a more politically correct termination for them

Not sure if this is the same thing your talking about but..

Basically any claims are way exagerrated and for the money these things are far from worth it.. But i suppose they do work, i read somewhere in a magazine that they run 2psi.. 2psi is better than standard atmospheric pressure i suppose but, well, most ricers in 4 cylinder magazines (perhaps i wanted a honda civic b4 i wanted a skyline, cant quite remember why i picked one up) boasted of horsepower increases, of something like 10hp.. They cost around $600-$900 so.. waste of money

Maybe itd have a wine though... You could set up a BOV somehow i guess with a switch here and a relay there.. If that would work then theres a massive pull for the rice factor.. but with N/A BOV's out now who knows ^^

Edited by r32 gts-turbo