SAU Community

Electronic Superchargers & Earthing Kits

D-limo

for starters, the link above doesnt show any electric super chargers as we know them. ie they arnt the blower type. looks at the site.

secondly, to make 2psi the so called electric supercharger has to make the 2 psi pressure ON TOP of what the engine is sucking in.

the blower type superchragers are rubbish, the things shown in the above site are rubbish.

steve

Ohh fair enough just got the link working in mozilla, hadnt seen it earlier, assumed he was talking about the type i was above.

dunno anything about these kits but they look like they'd work almost as well as the turbonator...www.turbonator.com... buy 3..

Edited by r32 gts-turbo

.. just looked at the product mentioned, and not a "Supercharger" as we know it but more a brand name that represents Voltage stabilizer kit.

I dont how people can charge (no pun intended) $999 your for what is basically a few capacitors and larger guage earth wire.

f*cking tossers. You may as well go buy some cheap magnets and stick 'em up your arse.

Please keep any ghey external electric supercharged 2 PSI hoo-ha out of this thread!! :)

Due to the name 'Electronic Supercahrger' I was under the impression that this actively raised amp/volts or the like :D I have no clue about electrics if you have'nt guessed :)

It's obvious there is no viable reason for them to be asking the stupid amounts of $$$..

But could someone go into more detail how these are meant to work and what benifits can be had?

theres no way you can actively raise voltage/current.

best thing to do, is have a nice clean set of battery terminals, clean connectors on your alternator, and some nice thick wire bolted from various points around the the engine to the engine bay. Also have a fat wire running from the negative battery terminal to the clean spot on the engine and car body.

a good earth can solve some weird problems.

you can invest in a kit if you want name brand stuff, or you can go to dicksmith/marlow and get some thick black cable and make your own kit.

Steve

for ~600 you can run at 2psi... on a small engine.

Think about it - they run on 12V DC...

I did a fair bit or research on them - for my magna (when I had it). It it was $200 I might have considered it (and it still would probably have been a waste of money). If you really want, I could share it. Just don't expect me to be nice about it.

You have a turbo charged car. Why get 1/4 kw for the first 1000 rpm in return for blocking the air intake when the turbo spools? spend the money on something that improve your car

Im an auto electrician and that has to be the biggest load of horse shit ive read for a very long time. The weight gain from installing it would cancel out any performance gains.

Due to fools spamming up this topic.. This is what the so called 'Elctronic Supercharger' looks like

-It has no fan

-It does not make boost

-It does not restrict the inlet passage

This is the $999 version :cool:

post-15238-1151399526.jpg

Noticed an ad in HPI #67 for an Australian company called Cre8tec. The product they were advertising was the 'Electronic Supercharger' Wich they claim can increase engine torque by up to 20%!! Umongst other things. Has anyone used this product? Is it probable that it could help with increasing turbo response?

Also have heard stories of slightly increased turbo response from installing Earthing kits. These are getting cheap now days.

Thoughts and experiences please :(

Due to fools spamming up this topic.. This is what the so called 'Elctronic Supercharger' looks like

-It has no fan

-It does not make boost

-It does not restrict the inlet passage

This is the $999 version :happy:

Forgive me for getting the wrong impression. Understandable (I think), but wrong nonetheless. It "supercharges" the electronics. Looks like an earthing kit with some sort of ballast(capacitor?).. Um.. an expensive earthing kit.

I don't see how this could have an effect on boost (unless your plugs are dead to begin with - and even then...)

So, sorry I was wrong, but I still say its a rip off. you could DIY it pretty easy - though I wouldn't really like to think about what a capacitor would do to voltages and power (electric - real and 'imaginary') when the spark plugs are firing. I guess it wont kill the car... and if you DIY, you can always unDIY...

**fool spamming up the topic, out