SAU Community

Law Changes For P's & L's.

alex1991s

Ey,

Next year i will be gettin my L's and me and my dad have been looking around for skylines for a while, and we had come to a decision on getting a R32 GTS-T. But now my dad tells me that the rules are going to be changed in Vic to the same laws as Sydney by the 1st of July. I thought he meant the new hoon laws but he was prettu sure on this so i dunno. Also he said that they are thinking on doing this to L's aswell. Do you know if they will scrap the 125kw per tonne law if this is true. Also iv'e read up on all this and i read in a AutoSalon magazine that if the family car has over 125kw per tonne and you have only 1 family car, you can get away with driving with it. I have emailed Vic Roads about this but they have given me all this auto message crap. Can anyone confirm this? So now this Wednesday we will most likely be picking up an R34 GT Coupe manual just to be sure. Even though this is a nice car id rather a turbo:P. But i would need some quick confirmation on some of this stuff if i was to convince my dad.

Thanx

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we will most likely be picking up an R34 GT Coupe manual just to be sure.

my heart bleeds for you... :D

sorry, can't provide any info on the laws

if theyre going to be the same as sydney:

no turbo cars

no supercharged cars

no big 6's and no v8s

they'll probably add cars like the lotus elise and things like that to the list

soz if i sound like a spoiled little s**t:)

doesnt really make a difference :D

if you get caught driving a car you shouldn't be, the police can impound your car

so its up to you :laugh:

wonder if i can get my license in tassie coz i have family that live down there, i can say i live there, when on the holidays. They dont have power restriction laws do they? probably should ask in the Tas section:)

wonder if i can get my license in tassie coz i have family that live down there, i can say i live there, when on the holidays. They dont have power restriction laws do they? probably should ask in the Tas section:)

but then you'd have to live in tasmania..........

or maybe, learn on a normal car like everyone else, so you dont end up as a statistic..

I think these laws are a bloody fantastic idea. There is PLENTY of time to drive a high power car. Buy a commodore like every other kid on P's and learn to drive, have a ding, learn from it then buy a real car. Thats what 99% of us here did.

My 2c

I think these laws are a bloody fantastic idea. There is PLENTY of time to drive a high power car. Buy a commodore like every other kid on P's and learn to drive, have a ding, learn from it then buy a real car. Thats what 99% of us here did.

My 2c

yes but times change buddy, sports cars are more common and affordable these days

the 125 kw per tonne rule is true, i checked it all out 2 months ago when i bought my 32, and its posted on the vicroads website (also 3 liters per tonne, but i dont think you gotta worry about that) The r32 gts-t is about 1 kw under this law.

As for any new laws, they wont apply for people that are already on there P's with a turboed car, if they do introduce them, only to people who get there P's after its brought in or the car (better be that way anyway, bad enough i cant drive my valiant, id love to see them try telling me i cant drive a car which i just bought)

Edited by r32 gts-turbo

yes but times change buddy, sports cars are more common and affordable these days

That might be true but I don't see the relevance, so have VT > commodores. Mine was a VB :) Sports cars might be cheaper but that doesn't mean that P platers have wizened up. Anyway this subject has been done to death so I'm not going to bang on.