SAU Community

Wide Bay Sprints At Maryborough

giant getting air

Ase_1683.jpg

Ase_8876.jpg

Brenken's Falken GTR production car (of Bathurst 12hr fame)

Ase_9032.jpg

couple of 33s I don't know

Ase_9722.jpg

Ase_8478.jpg

Looks like a great event. If I had known giant and brenken were running I would have gone up for a look.

not sure Dale. I wasn't there and didn't get regs or anything for the event. Hopefully Giant or Brenken will see the thread. I have a mate who ran there too, so i might give him a call and find out how he went.

I really wish I went now, I think Brenken's GTR came 3rd overall in the event?

The white skyline without a front bar came first in it's class, not sure which class that was exactly...I really should have gone.

• 2 weeks later...

i had some mates go up to it. apparently those skylines were 'cranky'. one of the 'lines got booted out cause the guy did a good time on saturday, then on sunday decided to drift the whole course.

Not surprised, most sprint organisers don't like it when people drift... to much chance of wrecking stuff !

Alot of the guys at the Townsville one were starting to do it , and we just got a big chat too last meeting. As ours is run on the Townsville Kart Track... the kart track owners were getting annoyed with it.

That black GTR was at the first local hillclimb this year .... was quite a weapon for sure..... and he now holds the track record by 3 seconds !

Gary

Although there website's main index.htm page is damaged/missing , i found my way in and saw this notice ...

Quote:-

The Track is approximately 960 meters long with two 45 degree right hand turns, several chicanes and then into a right hand hairpin turn leading onto the main straight. This will be a Race Track and not a Drag Strip !! No Drifting allowed !!!! "

End Quote

;) See no drifting comment

Hey Gary,

Thought that might have been the gtr that simon said came up there and blitzed it. It was on tv, winning the NSW dutton rally.

Yeah the drifting comment looked a big amateur though on that webpage.

I bet jaimen in our old T18 was one of those drifters too, lol.

Tim.

Hi Tim, yeah well it's understandable they don't want it . Crowds love it of course..

Yes it certainly was a fast car.

One of many i think ! Also this was the event just after the gtr had the off on the cool down lap, and took a gouge out of the bitumen... so they were really cranky.

Gary

This will be a Race Track and not a Drag Strip !! No Drifting allowed !!!!

i don't know if any of those guys have ever been to a drag stip, but i haven't seen a drag strip yet that has a corner after 200m for you to drift. i'm sure people drift the corner at the end, but that isn't part of the drag strip, thats just a return road which i would class as the pits.