RANDY

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Boston G512-44

It handles 350w RMS.

Thinking of changing to a Treo SSi 10.22 or a 12.22

Is it worth changing? Or should i stick with the Boston?

I also have Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

THinking of getting Boston SL60 for the rears.

Anyone used these splits before?

Hey guys, im looking to buy this head unit - KENWOOD KDC-MP4036U

This has a USB feature, which will come in quite handy.. It also mentions that it has iPod connection.. Does anyone know if it is a connection from the front/back. Also is the quality if playing from an iPod good, or is it average?

Thanks

Hey guys, im looking to buy this head unit - KENWOOD KDC-MP4036U

This has a USB feature, which will come in quite handy.. It also mentions that it has iPod connection.. Does anyone know if it is a connection from the front/back. Also is the quality if playing from an iPod good, or is it average?

Thanks

hey man,

really all the ipod connection is the Aux input. if you can see a tiny hole in the front of the headunit its there, if not its in the back and you may have to purchase a connecter chord that plugs the female and male outputs into one, which will then go to your ipod. They cost about $7. I have the ipod connection in my car and the sound is actually better than what i get on a CD. hope this helps.

hey man,

really all the ipod connection is the Aux input. if you can see a tiny hole in the front of the headunit its there, if not its in the back and you may have to purchase a connecter chord that plugs the female and male outputs into one, which will then go to your ipod. They cost about $7. I have the ipod connection in my car and the sound is actually better than what i get on a CD. hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply..

I bought the unit and got it installed. There is a USB which is not at the front. its comes from the back, and i asked it to be installed thourhg the glovebox. I can plug the iPod to the USB the same way as plugging it to the computer, with the cable provided from apple. I actually find it quite hard and more complex to operate the iPod, so im just going to burn MP3 data CD's given that it can hold about 5-7 albums. In the end its more convenient..

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out what speakers to get for my Skyline, mainly because there where no speakers in the front when I bought it. I've been looking mainly at 6.5" from Jaycar, which come in Composite 60W RMS and Coaxial 75W RMS. In that department, I'm leaning towards the Coaxials, because not only are they cheaper but I won't have to stuff around trying to place the external tweeter. The only experience with car speakers is installing some 6"x9" Aldi specials (yep, to tight for eBay :laughing-smiley-014: ) in the front doors of a R31 wagon, which looked ugly but served the purpose as far as I was concerned.

Here is pretty much what I want, but please feel free to tell me I'm wrong, I know I know nothing ;)

Before I start I want to ask if the deadening is easy to install? Do I need any special tools? Is it even worth me trying to do it myself when I really don't have a clue? lol

Car: R33 GTS-t Series 2

Max price: $500, although I would like to keep it under $400 if possible

Size: 6.5" - Mainly because I've got the idea that 6.5"s will be the easiest to install. Might go to 6" if people here can tell me they have had good experiences

Type of Music: Rock, Metal, Industrial ect. If genres aren't enough, Cold Chisel, Sytem of a Down, Marilyn Manson, Disturbed and the like, basically yelling/screaming and guitars :D. Mate suggested "mid-ranges" for my music tastes.

Brand: I care not for brand names (except when it comes to Nissan or Subaru :teehee:) except when it comes to Xplod... I'm steering clear of that, based purely on word of mouth...

Head unit will be my good ol' Pioneer DEH-P4650MP. Got it for my birthday in 2003 and its followed me ever since, I'll upgrade when it breaks.

Cables shouldn't be a problem if I'm suggested to use bigger than stock. I work in a switchboard factory with a massive stockpile of cable, ranging from 1.5sqr mm (16 AWG) to about 150sqr mm (6/0 AWG, big farka). It won't be pretty as the clear insulated cable you get at JB-HiFi, I don't really care for that either :)

If it an important factor, I don't want to put subs in the boot. That little space is reserved for stuff... like my swag... and not bodies :worship:

I want to do the installation myself. When I got my Pioneer Unit, part of gift was installation at Strathfield. When I went to pull the unit out of my car I was disgusted at the quality of the job. Good ol' twitch and tape... damn miricle there was never a short between the unused cables for rear speakers...

Any input in here would be a great help. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just got my new skyline and it has a crappy jap spec carozzeira (spelling?) head unit. not only does it not pick up ANY radio stations, it is also Mini Disk. So i would like to know what is a bood cheap head unit. Just want something that will play CD's and iPOD connectivity would be great. would like to spend about $200 to $250 new.

Thanks

Adam

jvc would do it. PDR35 to be exact. may be a bit outside $250 but that will do as you want. be sure you have all the necessary bits to do the install. cables, pocket and the antenna adapter. you may have most of it already from the MD install.

I think supercheap or possibly autobarn were advertising a Kenwood CD tuner for $149 on the telly the other day. So if the dollar was the bottom line this sort of unit should suit your needs.

Pretty sure base model Pioneers come with iPod conectivity out of the box these days, dont know if the Kenwood does

yeah go with a JVC headunit :D round $250-280 for a stnadard MP3 one

$350-450 for a DVD one :D then all the music you can handle + if you add in a screen, mobile movies

I've got the DVD one in mine, but I need a decoder to support 5.1 surround :) oh well, 4 speaker + sub is fine for now :D

i like pioneer decks for some reason, you can pick them up with the front aux input cd/mp3 detachable face ect for less then $200.

with the money left over in your budget you would be able to get it installed by pros.

• 1 month later...

Hey i gota 32 with this oldschool philips stereo in it

post-31501-1193445205_thumb.jpg

its not that bad but it's skips a bit over some bumps and i want something that go's a bit better with all the glossy black interior around it and maybe make a lil better sound

i was thinking of getting the sony mexbt2500 i seen for $ 270 its not glossy black(are there any glossy black stereo's these days?) but atleast its closer than my current 1 and i like the blue buttons over red.

post-31501-1193446359_thumb.jpg

also i was going to get either a new phone with a decent amount of space for music on it or a bigger mp3 player(just got a crappy 500mb now) to play my beats off.

do phone's run out of batterys fast when you playing ur music through the bluetooth in your car? and is it all the same quality playing off a phone or mp3?