SAU Community

What to buy?

RANDY

Hey i gota 32 with this oldschool philips stereo in it

post-31501-1193445205_thumb.jpg

its not that bad but it's skips a bit over some bumps and i want something that go's a bit better with all the glossy black interior around it and maybe make a lil better sound

i was thinking of getting the sony mexbt2500 i seen for $ 270 its not glossy black(are there any glossy black stereo's these days?) but atleast its closer than my current 1 and i like the blue buttons over red.

post-31501-1193446359_thumb.jpg

also i was going to get either a new phone with a decent amount of space for music on it or a bigger mp3 player(just got a crappy 500mb now) to play my beats off.

do phone's run out of batterys fast when you playing ur music through the bluetooth in your car? and is it all the same quality playing off a phone or mp3?

its not a bad unit. works well for BT music- make sure you plug your phone into the charger as it will die after a full day of use. MP3 off disc would be better IMO

check out my sig for stereo gear. look in CD/MP3 plyers. maybe something of interest there :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have 2 Pioneer subs (TS-W257D2). They are 10" 1000w max. nominal power is 350w, impedance is 1ohm or 4 ohms. They are 16.2cm in depth.

I am thinking of installing one or both of these subs in the 34. What sort of amp should be good for just one, or both of these.

Thanks in advance.

Yvonne

I have 2 Pioneer subs (TS-W257D2). They are 10" 1000w max. nominal power is 350w, impedance is 1ohm or 4 ohms. They are 16.2cm in depth.

I am thinking of installing one or both of these subs in the 34. What sort of amp should be good for just one, or both of these.

Thanks in advance.

Yvonne

Thanks in advance.

Yvonne

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks in advance.

Yvonne

G'day there.

If you can afford it, I'd recommend Alpine for your sub amp. I've always had Alpine gear and never had a problem with anything from head unit to sub amp to splits. Quality gear if you can afford it and get it installed correctly.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

My friend has saved up some money for a full setup ie- Sub, speakers, amp, head unit.

He has $2,500 to spend. A little while ago i also built a system for around 2.5k, mine consisted of Hertz sub and speakers, with audison amp and clarion head unit. But was wondering if you guys thought there was a better bang for buck system or something. So what do you think he should get?

• 2 months later...

I recently imported a Legnum and it came with a Screen, and as such looking for a new HU with DVD playing/output capabilitys.

Im looking for something faily basic to make use of the screen I have - No intentions of subs/amps/car theatre type setups.

Please help me with a recommendation of the HU's below:

KDDV7305-2.jpg

JVC KD-DV7305 Highlights

Power Output: 50W x 4 Max.

MOS-FET Power Amp

Ready for Bluetooth Adapter*

GIGA MP3 MULTI

DivX®/WAV/MP3/WMA Compatible (DVD/CD/USB)

Ready for iPod**

USB Port

DTS Digital Out/Dolby Digital/MPEG Audio

24-bit Audio DAC

Digital 7-Band iEQ

J-BUS Terminal

Adjustable Line Input Terminals

Line Output Terminals (2 pairs)

Video Output Terminals

Second Audio Output

Subwoofer Output Terminals with Level/Frequency Control

Optical Digital Output

Dual Zone Function

OR

MEXDV1000-2.jpg

Sony MEX-DV1000

52w x 4 S-MOSFET Power

Front Aux Input

DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW/VCD/MP3/WMA/JPEG/DIVX Playback

4V Pre Out

13 seg W.LED LCD Display

EQ7 Parametric

SSIR-EXA Tuner

Preset: FM18/AM12

Changer Control

Remote Included

Rotary Commander Optional

Gun Metallic

Detachable Face

Karaoke

Or - if anyone I can find to stock it:

DVH-3950MP

DVH_3950MP_RD_RI@070412@H.jpg

Cheers!

Hey guys. I've got this in the car

http://www.cenlacdc.org/avx2/

and just wondering if I should hook up a mono amp and sub to it, or just hook up the sub into the headunit? What do u guys think? I'm not really into loud loud music..

also what sub do u guys recommend? I perfer soemthing small. thanks

amplifier and sub- dpending on what car it is - 10" would be adequate based on what you are saying.

It's for a R34gtt

I was thinking of getting the slim line pioneer 10"

TS-SW1041D

TSSW1041D_tn_medium1.jpg

what do u think of this?

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

My brother is having an issue with his momo polk cross overs.

When the sound system is turned up the cross overs start to give off an electrical burning smell, does anyone have any ideas to what is going on??

I will post up specs of the sound system tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

hey guys

i'm currently getting lists of parts i need to get for my car audio kit which will consist of a car computer with a double din touchscreen LCD, sound outputs from the computer going to the amp powering the speakers from there

but im currently at the stage of wondering what to get for the following

Speakers (fronts and rears)

Amps (need a mono amp and a 4ch amp as i cant bridge the outputs on the computer)

sub (was thinking 12")

will more than likely be mounting an amp under each seat with the computer in the boot with the sub and wiring it out from those points (front/rear to 4ch and sub to the mono amp) and wiring out to the speakers from the 4ch amp and back to the boot from the mono amp for the sub

i have $700-$800 to spend on speakers/amps/subs and i was looking at something around the level of alpine type-s gear to start with, but wondering if anyone had models of each piece of equipment they could recommend to me (or if there is a 5.1 amp of sorts that would be a cheaper alternative)

would i need to spend more for what i'm after in terms of gear? or re-evaluate the gear i need.

• 2 months later...

i have a very big mix of shit in my car,

I have alpine splits front and rear, all of them running off a 4 channel amp, forgot what amp, its black, and has blue light on it lol, (will update tomorrow), then i have a 12inch sub, forgot brand again and have that running off a 2channel kicker amp, then a kenwood head unit, think thats about it,

sounds pretty mad, very loud, cant turn it above 22 or i will be deff, 40 is the highest i think,

I can vouch very much so for Jaycar Amps

i just got myself a Jaycar AA0424 2x150wrms amp of ebay and im running it bridged to my Pioneer TS-W307D2 DVC sub (in series - 4 ohm total) that i got from strathfield as ex-demo (lol - the whole lot cost me $250) in a custom 36L sub box

the amp is pumping 500wrms@4ohm into the sub in bridged mode and for the sake of my kidneys and my parents the bass gain is off and the low pass filter is around 75hz (when optimum is about 200hz) to reduce the bass and even then its still kicks really really hard

ohh and running it from an LG LAC-M7600 deck - the only good thing about it is it has 4V pre-outs and only cost me $200

i should have gone for a JVC deck that would have cost me $15 more and would have had more features like aux in (which, according to the LG website, my deck is supposed to have.......)

• 3 weeks later...
I'm looking to replace my rear speakers, as my current (and still new) JBL 3-ways are not handling the bass the way I want them to.

Cheers guys!

What is it with people and bass lol, Honestly i have had 2 set ups in my car and i love both of them equally

Alpine CDE9886 headunit (direct ipod, usb, mp3,tuner, optional bluetooth)

Alpine Type R 6.5inch Splits front

Alpine Type R 6.5inch Coaxials

Alpine MRP F600 4 channel amp 4x100watts rms

Also using same headunit but replace speakers with Focal polyglass splits and coax's

went from focals to alpine as they were cheaper but still gave the same result and found them crystal clear and no need for a sub of any description

The alpine system cost me a total of $1000, i was able to fit it all myself and i did work for JB HI FI in car audio, its a real impressive system for the money outlayed

• 6 months later...

Hi guys

Ive been sussing out basic upgrade sound systems for my car, not too keen on spending much as i prefer home theater, anyway

just after a nice clean sound.

Ive been looking at the Sony WX-GT78UI with USB for HD, its a double din unit, also like the kicker speakers in particular im keen on the KS602 6'' split with Xover and tweeter for the front and in the back parcel shelf kicker KS6930 three way 6x9's

I am thinking of running the speakers straight from the headunit with no external amp.

I know i am not going to get the most out of my speakers or quality this way but im not after that result, as long as it sounds alot better than stock.

Im not after stupidly loud sound, i just want a good to listen to system thats clear and will last me a few years without problems.

Has anyone had experience with any of this gear? Do you think this setup will be sufficient for what im after?

What is the quality like of Sony headunits and Kicker speakers?

Thanks for any replies