SAU Community

Turbo Smart Boost Controller Can I Hide It From The Police ?

I took my turbo smart boost controller out bcoz the police told me to otherwise its a $300 fine.

Just wondering does the boost controller have to be in the engine bay?

Can I install it under the dash somewhere and run the line into the engine bay into the actuator.

Or is the length of the hose critical that is connected to the controller and actuator?

Also my Autometre boost gauge always needs calibration after 3 months or so...which means i have take it out of the dash and pull the dash apart to get in behind it to calibrate it. Any suggestions or similar problems.

I Also need an air box made up to fit around my Blitz pod filter. Any suggestions in Sydney?

lol suprised the boys in blue knew what to look for, havent got one but a few mates run them and havent had any trouble as yet , i thought you could get in car digital ones that you could up and down at a push of a button

in both cases, electronic or gated, you can run a hose into the dash.

a 2m or so added length to the hose wont affect the performance etc..

turbosmart sell a 2 stage in cabin unit, which has vaccum lines from the wastegate to the cabin, then to the manifold. that short of a distance should do nothing

in both cases, electronic or gated, you can run a hose into the dash.

a 2m or so added length to the hose wont affect the performance etc..

turbosmart sell a 2 stage in cabin unit, which has vaccum lines from the wastegate to the cabin, then to the manifold. that short of a distance should do nothing

my waste gate has one tube in the middle of it going to the intake manifold but it also has a connection on the back of the wastegate for another tube where would this go to ?

my waste gate has one tube in the middle of it going to the intake manifold but it also has a connection on the back of the wastegate for another tube where would this go to ?

is it an internal or external gate?

ok 4 sum reason i cant upload, so il try n explain it.

the top pipe goes to your solenoid, and the other pipe goes to a "t" peice. this then goes to the other side of the solenoid and to the manifold.

comprende?

ok 4 sum reason i cant upload, so il try n explain it.

the top pipe goes to your solenoid, and the other pipe goes to a "t" peice. this then goes to the other side of the solenoid and to the manifold.

comprende?

yeah i understand ,the top one on this goes to a T which splits it to the boost gauge and to the manifold the one on the rear of the WG doesnt have a pipe going anywhere just the fitting

Just wondering does the boost controller have to be in the engine bay?

Or is the length of the hose critical that is connected to the controller and actuator?

The less hose there is between the bleeder the better.

My bleeder was very close to the turbo for a while, not a spike.

Ive seen other "in cabin" jobs and they are appaling.

Either way, the police these days are not stupid (i assume you are in Vic)

I would just take the car to a workshop and have the actuator modified to run a higher boost level for minor applications

I was told by a cop to remove my ebc one day, i rang transport and they said it was fine.

Called the cop back and left a message to call me, suprise suprise he never called me back.

I am in qld, dont know about victoria though.

I would never use a simple bleeder, grab a pfc and the boost control kit for that. You should be able to hide it pretty well!

Whats wrong with using a bleeder?

Dont know what experience you have had with ebc's but mine have been all good.

I wound never use something as cheap and coarse and a bleeder i also like the ebc's ability to bring boost on a little faster!

If the budget allows i would always grab a ebc, but yes there are some out there that are a little dodgy.

I have used profec b, and profec b spec II, for my 26/30 i will use a pfc and the pfc bc kit.

Well see how it goes.

However i will be the first to admit it can take some time to set an ebc up perfectly!

If your labelling a bleeder dodgy, you have NFI what you are talking about :D

I've never used an EBC. Bleeders since day one.

EBC's are nice, bleeders are nice.

To say one is dodgy is just wrong

As i said i feel they are a little coarse, and cannot bring boost on earlier as a ebc can.

I also said that some ebcs are a little dodgy, does this mean i have NFI what im talking about?

I suspect that it people are having problems with ebcs that are known to do the job well then perhaps they need to look at uprgading from the stock actuator to bring their mechanical boost level closer to their desired higher ebc boost level.

i dont reckon an EBC can bring boost on earlier compared to a bleeder.

I certainly didnt have boost delivery issues

With an ebc you can adjust when the wastegate starts to open, this brings boost on faster than a bleeder. If you set this to close to your desired boost level if will spike. You must find a good compromise which is the difference between a well setup ebc and one that isnt.

The greddy profec b spec 2 can also limit boost spiking. eg i have it set to 1.18 bar as i dont want it to go over 1.17. This feature is really handy when setting it up.

Maybe give one a try someday, you could always sell it if you dont like it.

If you have a pfc i think it would be silly not to run their pfc ebc kit.

Also i wasnt saying you were having boost delivery issues.

Mick

EBC vs a Bleeder, I have a Turbosmart boost Tee I have no problems with it, if you hit the Accelerator hard a 5000rpm it spikes only .5 psi and it is conected after the coola. is spikeing all that bad, $80 to $400 I think the Bleeder does fine.