SAU Community

Victoria’s Most Annoying Road Habits

adznight

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Being cut-off or not allowed to merge

If that had the option of "People who have no idea how to merge" then that would be a winner.

The number of people you see trying to join a freeway at 60km/hr when the traffic is doing 100km/hr is amazing. On top of that - dicks in hoodies driving old commodores that insist of trying to pinch a spot when 2 lanes are merging into one also amazes me. What do they think they are going to gain by jumping infront of 1 car? All they do make everyone else back up further.

Merging is definitely my biggest issue on our roads.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running reds, on the way home tonight on two different sets of lights it happened. Also those that sit in the right hand lane of a road that is marked 90 or over(btw its breaking the law, keep left unless overtaking even if its unsigned)

I like Snowy's thinking. Cars travelling along the highway dive on the brakes at the same time as the cars on the on ramp who have accumulated enough speed (sometimes) to merge seemlessly! As a a result there is a diving on the brakes game to guess who is going to go in front or behind! :D

Most annoying for me is the cars cutting in and out. They are obviously not thinking that there could be some other mooron doing the same thing and cause a pileup.

My motto, Imagine there is a clone of you on the road doing the same daft thing at the same time as you. Can be quite scary.

Good topic Adz

My motto, Imagine there is a clone of you on the road doing the same daft thing at the same time as you. Can be quite scary.

That reminds me of an old saying:

"Anyone driving slower than you is a moron, anyone driving faster is a maniac!"

Things that frustrate me the most...

1. Indic...something arathers... nobody seems to know what those flashing lights are when you intend to change lanes, merge or turn corners! Am I old fashioned by still using them? seems to be a forgotten art...

2. People darting out from a side street, only to sit 20kms under the limit. If you're not in that much of a hurry, wait for me to pass you, as opposed to risking both of our lives.

3. A bit of a continuation of 2, drivers who sit on saaaay... 50 in a 70 zone (now i understand that it could be a learner or a special circumstance, so i take that into consideration), then the zone changes to 60, and they speed up to 70!!!!!!!!! Drives me insane! :D

4. Female drivers... (just kidding ladies) keep up the great work :)

edit: while i think of it... just saw the post above & couldn't agree more.

not targeting any nationality a'tall, but how come you can apply for a lisense in about 36,000 languages, but road signs and warnings are only in English.... anybody else see the potential for problems???

Edited by CNR33

Guest IH8VEE8S

Being cut off or not allowed to merge :D

now i'm a nice fellow i actually stop from doing like 60-80km/h just to allow someone to merge or to turn in my street while the people in the cars behind me get soooo pissed off :dry: i've actually done this to a few cop cars too, aaah nothin better than getting a thankyou wave from the boys/girls in blue :)

also ofcours speeding, definately an annoying habit :)

Edited by IH8VEE8S

Freeway 101

1. Move right to let traffic merge.

This one is bloody annoying. Your trying to merge on the freeway and there are people going onto the left lane in which im merging into! Morons!!

People who cannot Merge..... Espeically old people who stop in the freeway entrance! Here's the tip, it's eaiser to merge while the car is moving than stationary, casue even if your luck your camry will only do 0-100 in 10 secs!

And flucking Rubber neckers on the freeway after a accident. Accident response teams need to borrow the screens they use to "fix" horse's on racetracks, stop pricks slowing down to look.:)

After having to put out two grass fire on my property due to pricks dumping butts out the windows, I had to vote for this one.

But, another thing that yanks my chain, is that when I am towing my racecar, the number of people who will pass you, and then cut in front of you to take the next corner, forcing me to hammer the brakes to avoid cleaning them up. :)

there is no option for skyline drivers that think they are top shit and own the road? ???

hehe

there are those out there

on a really serious note, what about all those f**kwits in bmw's mercs etc that actualy do think they own the road and do what ever they want, usually whilst on the phone ....

Being cut-off or not allowed to merge

If that had the option of "People who have no idea how to merge" then that would be a winner.

The number of people you see trying to join a freeway at 60km/hr when the traffic is doing 100km/hr is amazing. On top of that - dicks in hoodies driving old commodores that insist of trying to pinch a spot when 2 lanes are merging into one also amazes me. What do they think they are going to gain by jumping infront of 1 car? All they do make everyone else back up further.

Merging is definitely my biggest issue on our roads.

Freeway 101

1. Move right to let traffic merge.

2. Keep left once complete.

Failure to comply should be instant loss of licence

So the guy merging onto the freeway has the right of the way ? coz when i was down in Melbourne afew weeks ago, i noticed cars changing lanes for me when i was merging in. In NSW its opposite, we have to give way.