SAU Community

Oil Pressure Probs

arep3

hey guys got me a slight prob. ive got plenty of oil. done just under 3000kms since last change. ive NEVER seen the oil light come on. runs on around 4 to 6kg oil press when cold but then drops to 0 after 20kms or so.

its freakin me out cos i cant afford a damn rebuild. the car has only basic mods. twin pods, dumps/front pipes and zorst. apart from them, its stock.

ANY ideas??? reckon its the pump, lifters, maybe the gauge is stuffed? anyone had anything like this go wrong?

does the engine light come on?

it could be a faulty oil pressure switch, but if your engine light comes on then its not a faulty switch.

best to get a mechanic to check it out with a seperate pressure tester.

Most likely its the sender unit, and the fact that they are all crap.

Well worth buying a nice aftermarket one, that will show you if you're in trouble :nyaanyaa:

thanks. ive spoken to the blokes at RE customs in springvale. they r gonna take a look at it for me monday. hopefully it isnt to serious. where is the pressure sensor located?

Yeh I had the same scare with my 32 GTR when I bought it. I had to transport the car 300 f..ing klm and half way home I noticed no oil pressure sitting on 100kph. So I slowed down and the pressure came up a little. It was all over the place and mostly no pressure. Ended up being a stuffed sender unit. Seems its very common.

Cheers