Sau Nsw 3rd Official Track Day For 2006

Abo Bob

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great news everyone. RENEW have just confirmed that we have 30 spots all up.

They will be running the day a bit different to previous days. It will be a bit more like supersprints. Apparently there is a back entry onto the track a little before the start of the straight. We will be going on there. Timing starts once we hit the start/finish line. We then race on for 3 hot laps after which we head around and off again.

I'm told that this is a much more efficient use of the track and that we will all get heaps of track time.

Those that have put your hand up for the reserve list put in your $100 now, anyone else that wants to be in don't think that we wont sell out despite doubling the spots. Get in quick.

Awesome... $100 going in next week!

And yeah, I have done a day that uses the layout you talk of Adam, for super sprints it is a much more efficient use of the track... the way I think is being proposed is enter not far before turn 10, gives you 10,11,12 to get on it, be careful through 1 on the first lap, then after your allotted laps, cool down through turn 1,2,3 exit at 4 and back to the pits... if everyone is not being dumb it works a treat, saves nearly 6 kms of warm up and warm down.

See you all on the track! (tomorrow)

Dan.

Great news everyone. RENEW have just confirmed that we have 30 spots all up.

They will be running the day a bit different to previous days. It will be a bit more like supersprints. Apparently there is a back entry onto the track a little before the start of the straight. We will be going on there. Timing starts once we hit the start/finish line. We then race on for 3 hot laps after which we head around and off again.

I'm told that this is a much more efficient use of the track and that we will all get heaps of track time.

Those that have put your hand up for the reserve list put in your $100 now, anyone else that wants to be in don't think that we wont sell out despite doubling the spots. Get in quick.

Adam I would be more than happy to be one of the flag marshalls on the day. Let me know!

:D

And yeah, I have done a day that uses the layout you talk of Adam, for super sprints it is a much more efficient use of the track... the way I think is being proposed is enter not far before turn 10, gives you 10,11,12 to get on it, be careful through 1 on the first lap, then after your allotted laps, cool down through turn 1,2,3 exit at 4 and back to the pits... if everyone is not being dumb it works a treat, saves nearly 6 kms of warm up and warm down.
Yeah, that is the way it works.

A couple of us have been out to EC to observe and help some other clubs run their supersprints, and the process described above seems to work really well. It cuts down on heaps of time, compared to if entrants are doing both a full warm-up and cool down laps.

We're glad that we have been able to make a heap more spots available.

Craig

RENEW Secretary

Abo & Renew,

It would still be good to do some free tracktime for some of the new people to get used to it before we send them out in super sprints. I personally would still like some open track time just to push some laps out.

Also how do you deal with fools like me with slicks that need 3 laps to get some heat into them.

Thanks

Oz you need to do the old fashioned tyre warming exercises like weaving on the warm up part it is still a fair bit of track if you take it slower and weave enough.

But I agree would be nice for first session or 2 to allow passengers from a learning point of view, then get into the timed laps mid morning....still leaves plenty of time for good laps :)

I have 3 people who would like to attend now there are additional spots.

Steve (White WRX)

Ralph (Silver Silvia now an R33)

Shane (the part owner of my R33 track bitch) are in.

Deposits will be done soon.

There are spots left still. Need to pay your deposit as per the first post to confirm your spot now people. It's much less painful if you pay for a track day in two lots far in advance.