Sau Nsw 3rd Official Track Day For 2006

Abo Bob

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well.. when i signed up for this day, i thought there was no way my car wouldnt be back together...

but as the day is approaching fast, it looks like im a pretty slim chance to fill my driving spot on the day :P

enjoy everyone.

Oh :D

Still a fair way off?

Yeah fair call

Do you have the N1 water pump? If so, check around it for leaks :P

There was one on mine but its all fixed now - its a common thing

nah.. i had "the hole" welded up.. its not the water pump. its under the plenum somewhere. i think im just gonna drink a whole lot of beer then worry about it when im sober again.

nah.. i had "the hole" welded up.. its not the water pump. its under the plenum somewhere. i think im just gonna drink a whole lot of beer then worry about it when im sober again.

hahahaha

good plan, ill help you out if you want a hand :P

Yeah that hole is a pest, but yeah its a shame it isnt that, thats an easy fix

Oz, maybe last session. Play it by ear. Apparently RENEW spectated a day with many more cars than we have entered and I'm told "you could have fired a cannon down the straight late in the day and hit no one". I said it would never happen while the love boat, the madman in his GTR and me were there. Let's just see what happens.

As I said, Im will to give it a go, but some free lap time to play would be gold, even a couple of 15 min sessions throughout the day would be nice. Anyway only 2 sleeps to go!

I don't think there will be any passenger riding. In other news though, there will be a familiarisation session at the start of the day. Newbies will go out in their own cars with an instructor (me or Oz or one of the more experienced people) for a few 120 km/h laps.

Also I just got this email and attachements.

Dear entrants,

Following is a list of entrants for this Sunday’s supersprint, along with competitor numbers and groups.

1 Brad Trenwith Red

2 Nathan Stiffle

6 Neil Trenwith Red

16 Renny Roden Blue

20 Daniel Bennett Green

21 Anthony Donnell Green

23 Gavin Bellamy Yellow

24 Andrew Burley Red

26 Shane Young Green

27 Mike Dempsey Red

29 Laurie Packer Red

38 David Nguyen White

42 Andrew Bollom Green

48 Paul Kalie Green

53 Kevin Quirk

54 Chris Kinsella Yellow

55 Caine de Fonseca Blue

57 Shane Stiffle Yellow

60 Matthew Currie Yellow

63 Aaron Owers Blue

61 Adam Finch White

68 Robert Talevski Red

72 Matthew Finch Blue

76 Matthew Reid

77 Tim Stephinson

83 Darren Mews Red

94 Joel Fitzgerald Green

95 Adam West Blue

96 Alan Cummine Green

97 Patrick Garvan Green

98 Rod Pobestek White

99 Sean Buchanan Red

101 Jon Bates Green

102 Paul Lewis Red

103 Nicholas Smyrhios Yellow

104 Stanley Choi Yellow

105 Adam Parsons Green

106 Ian Anderson Green

107 Adam Baldwin Red

108 Raymond Dean

109 Ralph Louwdyk

110 Shaun Malkic

111 Steve Reddel

112 Andrew Tuitahi Yellow

113 Aaron Li Yellow

114 Anthony Reed Red

115 George Rokkas Yellow

122 Wilbur Palijo

696 Greg Boyle Red

Please note your number, and have them on your car, as per the Supplementary Regulations when you attend scrutineering. Please also note your group. If you do not see a group next to your name, it is because you have not submitted your entry form yet. Please try to do so, before Sunday.

Attached is a bulletin amending the Supplementary Regulations to now include a familiarisation session for first time drivers. This session will be the first on track session.

Entrants are reminded of the schedule for the day, as per the Supplementary Regulations.

Pre-event scrutineering: 7.15am-8.45am

Driver’s Briefing: 9.00am

Event Schedule: 9.30am-5.00pm

Entrants are asked to get to the track at 7.00am or as close to as possible, so that the pre-event formalities can go smoothly and be completed on time.

As soon as possible after arriving at the track, entrants are asked to attend the Event Secretary’s office (located in the base of the control tower) to sign in. Please have your CAMS licence and club membership card with you. You should be able to collect your timing transponder at this time. You will also be given a scrutineering sheet. Please then proceed with it, and your car, to the scrutineering shed.

Attached is a scrutineering guide and a driver’s briefing guide. Please read them so you can be informed.

For those unfamiliar with Eastern Creek, attached is a small sketch showing the layout and important locations.

See you on the day,

Craig Hamilton – Event Secretary.

Bulletin_1.pdf

Driver_Briefing.doc

EC_Venue_Map.pdf

Scrutineering.doc

Trust them to put an Asian in the Yellow group :P

Adam, what's the order of the groups? I don't want to be thrown into a group where I can't keep up :D *only 2nd time on a track*

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• FWIW, I've always found Toyota A/Cs to be much colder than Nissan ones. Even that 2024 Nissan X-Trail (that VW Australia lent to me), the A/C isn't as cold as other base model Toyota Corollas/Camrys, etc. Maybe Toyota A/C compressors are superior? 
    • Hurry while stocks last! 🤣 13% points redemption on this $6000 Mont Blanc "James Dean" ballpoint pen at Yodobashi Camera in Umeda, Osaka
    • It's not that at all....I just love the R chassis too much to keep racing it! Absolutely impossible to fix the damn thing if I bend it.... That last off I had (when I neglected to do what Kel said), we removed a gum tree with the side of the boot....needed a new rear quarter, boot lid, floor straighten, rear bar, front bar, both front guards, radiator, bov return and I still haven't got it back for a proper alignment to check it is actually straight again). There are just too many ways in tarmac rally to do significant damage to a car that you can't really get parts for.
    • Now I'd said earlier I'd checked the fuses, and per @Stick180's suggestion I checked them all again. The check was to use the multimeter in continuity mode on the top of each fuse where the little metal tabs are available for that purpose. All good....except that very "A/T Control" fuse was actually blown when I pulled it out and looked at it. Put it back in, tested it again, there is continuity to both sides even though the fuse is blown. I'll need someone smarter than me, but my suspicion is that I was getting a circuit through a power supply, through an incandescent globe somewhere, to earth, to the shorted wire and back to the other side of the fuse, making it look like the fuse was OK when it wasn't....please anyone that understands this f**kery explain it to me. Bottom line....that suspicious purple/white wire, in an undamaged factory loom, that goes to the the wrong place in the fuse box has a dead short to earth, confirmed from both ends.  How a single wire in a factory loom can be shorted, especially the best protected loom in the whole car (underneath the top of the dash) is going to keep me awake at night because surely whatever caused the damage has (or will) damaged other wires in that loom too. So, to finish this long and sad story....cut the purple/white wire where it exits the fuse box, ran a new wire from there to the ECU loom pin 31, fired it up and drove happily into the sunset. Only 4 days of head scratching and peering into footwells to get me there. Another collection of wire removed (in addition to the earlier photo) and a bunch of 10a fuses that gave their lives for the trouble shooting....thank you for their service.  And, since the car was in the shed I resealed the cam cover (first time I've ever had a new seal leak on an RB, but the Stagea is that kind of lucky), and I put in the boost doc cam splash plates to try and turn down the blow by a bit while I was there. Which, was all good because it also let me find the slow coolant leak, turns out it was from the turbo water supply which I nipped up again (the banjo bolt got new washers, and I tightened the hose end and hose to banjo fitting while I was there)