SAU Community

Sau Nsw 3rd Official Track Day For 2006

Abo Bob

Damn man1! That must have happened not long after I left!!

Was that the Green RX7??

Jesus man... I hope nobody was hurt, but f**k me, it doesnt get much worse than that! condolences to the owner!!

Long story short, I had a gearbox mount bolt thread itself and I wasn't overly confident to go out, also Bec almost passed out from feeling sick (and the heat).. Sorry guys.

Christian

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was a white RX-7, the guy got out alright, car is obviously completely gone..

He did about 2/3rds of a lap with the fuel tank on fire :whistling: - they tried to flag him down to put it out but he kept crawling along, maybe thought he'd make to pits..

Than he pulled over.. and 20secs later the fuel tank went up..

Just left the track and got home..

Wow.. hot day.. till the wind came through..

Also - for anyone that didn't go.. look at what you missed out..

I'll let one of the other guys fill in what happened.. but looks like a fuel or oil fire on an RX-7 SIII caused the following..

this was just after the car went BOOOMM!!!

post-19556-1160279669.jpg

always heard rotaries weren't too relaible :(.. sorry to see this happen though..

post-19556-1160279713.jpg

This is what was left.. although everyone tried to put it out (ando and a couple of other guys) there was little they could do as the fuel tank went up while they were standing 2m away using a fire extinguisher on it..

post-19556-1160279776.jpg

post-19556-1160279801.jpg

Poor RX7! :) It when from white to black in like 5seconds. :O Lucky the driver got out just in time.

btw it wasnt a "BOOOM" like in the movies.. Cars dont got "BOOOM" (as the fire marshells explained, thats C4). More like a "woooosh. oh shit fire.. damm black smoke.. damm white smoke.. poor car"

The lap prior to that, we noticed the rx7 was dumping fuel into the exhaust system and creating flames out of the exhaust, we all asumed it was normal (like Sh@un's gtr) Maybe something caught on fire. :whistling::O

So Wish I was out there.. :( Though flagging at turn 4 was pretty fun.

Oh all you bishes who dont listen to the mashells (sp?) and not pitting in after the checkered flag.. :dry: @ all, not naming names Stan :ninja:

:D

Extra happy laps for you all.. I had to put the "RETURN ---->" banner out!

Sooo tired...

Hope everyone had fun!

OK.. so I lied.. it was more of a whoooosh!!.. but still impressive.. abo and me were up the top watching it when suddenly this mushroom cloud flame erupted into the sky!!..

How was the rest of the arvo everyone, what did the weather end up doing.. headed off just as it was picking up the wind..

Who got the quickest laptime from the skylines??

Edited by Links

Overall, a good day, as always very slow in the morning, 6 laps by 1.30pm, but then I had another 5-7 sessions, so overall a good day. From memory John's boat put some good limes 1.44 and then 2 x Rx7's on 1.48's and then me at 1.51. then about 20-30 other cars to 2min.

Abo and I had a couple of good duals at the end. The bad news we popped the R32 again, thats life for a trkbch.

Look forward to the pics.

Thanks to all the flaggies, I hope everyone enjoyed my turn 2 driving style. I promise it was not drifting, as that was not allowed!

JP run a 1.44.565, quickest he's been around there yet, must have been the mechanic he had on the day :ninja: .

Nice late braking into turn one Paul, didn't see anyone going as deep as you.

couple of pics of the RX7, not good.

mazda.jpg

totaled.jpg

i have a heap of pics, about 120 hires.

I will hopefully have a small res version posted up shortly.

The dual between Paul and Adam made the day as it was nice to see a black and white 34's going hell for leather.

If you were at EC, please let me know your car number as I do not want to post up all the pics. I can email the hires versions, but they are 3.5mb in size and will not go to free mail servers due to their size.

Just a taste.

picture119.jpg

Thanks for the offer Chris, I have it sorted.

I am just installing Picasa to make up a quick website as I have no other software on this PC to do it with.

I need to shrink the pics first to upload them as it will take allnight to upload 300+mb as I have optus cable and it is slow on the upload.