SAU Community

Sau Nsw 3rd Official Track Day For 2006

Abo Bob

I have a picture of the RX7 BBq before and after.

Several of the marshalls (mself included) could not see if the car was on fire or just a lot of flames out of the exhaust. If he had stopped by a marshall station it could have been different, as he stopped the farthest from any station possible.

picture037.jpg

picture122.jpg

It took 20 seconds from the time he stopped before the car was fully involved and beyond beign saved. There was 6x1kg of dry chem put on the fire by the SAU/Renew drivers that were on track, it goes to show us all how quickly this can happen and end in tears.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

Just wanted to say I had a great day :) it was good to meet more of the SAU crew.. its also good to know that they are willing to help out a fellow member in need.... I was coming onto turn two after the straight and Steve gave me a thumbs up :ninja: so I replied but realised that I didnt take a good line into the corner.. long story short I ended up clipping the ripple strip buckling and flattening my front left tyre :D I realised afterwards that I didnt bring the lug nut socket or my spare tyre or my jack :( The SAU crew that were there today offered their assistance, their tools, their parts and their time to help me out and I really appreciate that :)

Thanks again to all that offered their assistance and for those who came and checked out the mess.. a big thumbs up :dry::laugh:

Catch you all next track day :)

Great day out today....sad to see the RX7 go up....nice to have met some more SAU crew today as well....see you guys at the next track day. and oh sorry couldnt help you out more there shawn.

No worries Aaron :ninja: you offered you help, that was good enough :D

My friend ended up having to drive back to my place while I waited at Eastern Creek to pick up the lug nut socket.. It was a long day!! :dry:

Wow. What a day.

What can I say. Many condolences to the Rx7 owner.

Day was slow to start but over all great fun. As is usual with these things, if your car is still running after lunch you will have plenty of track time. Good to see most of the liners running still. (No giving the thumbs up until the cool lap mmkay?!) :ninja:

Big thanks to RENEW, I see Nathan readin here.

Big thanks to the flaggies for helping out today. We really appreciate it. I tried to invite you all back for drinks at my place but some people had left before I found you. We owe you one.

I had a great day. Nice tussles with Oz late in the piece.

Any more pics anyone?

Big thanks to RENEW, I see Nathan readin here.

Yeh im checking out the pics

It was a top day, thanks to everyone who attended and got out on the track to have some fun :ninja:

Everyone who was on flags and helping out thanks very much as you all know without flaggies and all the officials these days cant happen.

Also thanks to the boys who jumped out to try and extinguish the fire, Anthony is very grateful

Cheers

Nathan

I enjoy work so much i might not even come to the track day...

I'm at work now (had a major disaster) and I'll be working till at least 1AM. I may not make it tomorrow!!! :ninja:

I was looking forward to watching you rip off the times :dry:

Me too.

Just realised my fax wasn't working last week when I faxed the form through, so I am about to do it again.

- C

Shame you couldnt do a session at least before going, but health has to come first :D

Also guys.....

Doing the flags was/is great fun :ninja:

Its the closest you can get to the action with a broken motor :(

To all the guys going sideways at my turn (turn 2) both Shaun and i really appreciated you guys putting on a show :dry: , and Pauls effort inparticular was nothing short of incredible :D (being on full slicks)

Johns 300ZX sounded great, and mentioned the whole day he only had one loss of grip which just happened to be out of turn 2 which i saw - thats one quick machine

The final battle between Adam and Paul in the two R34's was easily the main attraction of the day - neck and neck from start to finish, it was awesome to watch

Well done to the drivers who were on their first track day, such as John and Shawn - who improved SO MUCH over the course of the day!!! - Well done guys

Stay tuned for the next track day

Once again - cheers for the beers afterwards :laugh:

Great show people! I got so much practice doing panning shots I'm getting better at it now. I got pics and I'll be spending the night processing them. Hopefully they'll be up by the morning.

I've got pics of the poor RX7 going up in a ball of fire. I'm not sure if I should post it up out of respect for the owner. If anyone could ask him if he doesn't mind that would be great. He can take consolation that the alarm was still working when the fire fighters tried to pop the bonnet.

Awesome day... managed to hit my target time and best it by another few seconds! Had a ball despite the unfriendly weather, and shocking suspension setup :/

Thanks to all the guys in Yellow crew, Adam, and John for sharing tips, strategies and experiences throughout the day.

RX7 - RIP

Thanks to the flaggies (except d00dz :)) did a great job!

The official SAU Trackday Warm Down Party was good too - I enjoyed that boys!

Just a quick one to let people in on what happened with the RX7, as i came out of turn 2 and into turn 3 i saw him on fire and but it wasn't big, i jumped out at about same time him stopped the car and for a second, and i mean a second, we thought we got it, but obviously we didn't. As more trackers came around turn 3 i think there was about 5 of us trying but all of a sudden the flames lept out across the track then within a blink of an eye it got sucked back under the car and went whoosh!!!

As i said there were five of us trying and it didn't put it out. I spoke to him later and he didn't even know the car was on fire until after turn 2! he just said he smelt fumes and after turn 2 he started to smell something burning so he looked in the rear view mirror and saw flames, thats why he kept driving.

Shook me up abit, i mean you go to one of these days to have fun and this poor bloke has just lost a car. He is alright, nothing wrong that a few JD's wouldn't fix but the car...

Back to the day, it was great to see all you trackers out there again, and good to see the fast boys come out and play. Adam, Paul, Dan and the other bloke i didn'tget your name, the r33GTS-t with 270odd rwkw doing 1:53's all you blokes looked great out there. Ando you pimp, you got me this time but i got an excuse. Remember i said i was getting lag??? boost didn't kick in until about 4500rpm well actually it was my brand new fuel pump cutting out!!! evey right hander the thing would just struggle for a few seconds and then come good again. Left handers wasn't so bad, but mate it was great driving with you, once you get your boost sorted you should be up there with the big boys, but don't worry buddy, i'll be chasing you down! Oh and Wil that screamer sounds damn awesome!!! and i don't mean Amanda lol.

My best time was 2:00.04 but am happy with that.

thanks flaggies and RENEW for a top day.

i have a heap of pics, about 120 hires.

I will hopefully have a small res version posted up shortly.

The dual between Paul and Adam made the day as it was nice to see a black and white 34's going hell for leather.

If you were at EC, please let me know your car number as I do not want to post up all the pics. I can email the hires versions, but they are 3.5mb in size and will not go to free mail servers due to their size.

Just a taste.

picture119.jpg

Hi bud, car 105, white 33.