SAU Community

No Stereo And No Clock!

thorpe84

after trying to install a clarion aereal into my double din alpine deck when i reached behind it i must have knocked something out or snapped a wire or something because the clock doesnt light up now and the stereo has no poer or doesn turn on

does anyone know anything about the wiring if these things are linked maybe its a fuse i have no idea

not looking foward to going to an auto elec

• 3 months later...

i have a similar issue but i have already checked the fuse and it is ok. i have just fitted a stock deck to my car and i cant get the clock to work. from what i am lead to believe it runs off the car stereo harness. does anyone know which wire does make the clock work or if it in fact uses the harness for the clock power?

thanks.

Tom. :wave:

I have the same issue in my R33...

It's been like it since I bought it (Around 2 weeks ago) the internal clock doesn't work, all of the fuses are A-okay and it has an aftermarket headunit in it.

i have a similar issue but i have already checked the fuse and it is ok. i have just fitted a stock deck to my car and i cant get the clock to work. from what i am lead to believe it runs off the car stereo harness. does anyone know which wire does make the clock work or if it in fact uses the harness for the clock power?

thanks.

Tom. :)

Hi Tom,

I've had clock dramas since I picked up the car. I too have read that it runs off the audio harness, however I've checked the plugs and I have 12V constant and 12V ACC at the right times, so I don't know what gives.

I've also tried a second clock and no go there either. If you sort it out, I'd love to hear what you did! :)

Mark

hi mark,

i am down to back tracing via wire schematic all the wires off the stereo and instrument cluster. i am also modifying the stock car stereo antenna to accept a normal one so i can get the band expander to pick up more aussie stations. i have noticed some cut wires in my car also behind the console, i believe they were modded fo gauges and such. let you know how i go.

btw you know of anyone who has the standard cd disk stacker that goes with the stereo?

tom.

after dismantliing the instrument cowling i have managed to remove the clock. on close inspection it looks as if something has melted under the clock display glass. if this is a bonding mark or in fact something has melted. fading light stops me from doing more for now. next will ceck the mentioned fuse again then test clock pins under power.

tom.

managed to check the circuit for the clock and it is pushing out 12.5 volts and 14 volts with engine running. the voltage is getting to the clock but it stops there and wil not work. have sourced a working clock to fit to it tomorrow. i cant believe the dramas just to get to the clock.

i managed to get a working clock and now i am much happier. its all stock and original. now all i need is to find a factory cd stacker that came with the car stereo. also it appears the car stereo circuit has no bearing on whether the clock works or not. i plugged in the new clock and it worked without the stereo connected at all.hmmm now for that cd stacker...!! :dry:

post-29841-1161183046.jpg