Sau "corporate" Number Plates

Oosh

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it was $300 to set up the artwork (which only needs to be paid once to set it up for every one) there were are few other costs like the plates I will get the info tomorrow

If having an ABN is prequisite the we'd need an official club like VIC/NSW. However, the third dot point mentions "themes and special interests to be promoted."

It's all moot for me at present since I'm still kicking about on Vic Plates until I know if I'm staying next year (which'll prob mean for good).

The artwork cost FROM $300 (once off fee that all the plates are made from)

the $180 per pair of plates.

then the costs of personalised / custom plates of $50 to buy the rights for the plates

• 2 weeks later...

This is the reply I just received when I enquiried about it 2wks ago.

Good Morning Patrick

I apologise for the delay in responding to your email as I have just received it due to the original recipient being on sick leave. If you could supply me with your telephone number or care to ring me, I would be happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I can assist you with some of your basic questions.

Corporate plates do only come in the standard size as you mentioned and according to the Government Gazette the front and rear plates have to look the same, ie that front cannot be displayed as a corporate and the rear as a normal custom. You can keep your existing registration number and place that on the corporate plate, logos can be reproduced according to your specifications and a sash along the bottom of the plate displaying your message.

Rullings that apply to custom plates which can be up to six digits are an annual cost of $190 and seven digits $240 (as in your case); and personalised being a one off fee of $170 showing six digits being a mix of alpha-numeric, with the alpha first, remain the same when transferring these to a corporate plate. If your car club members have the normal alpha numeric Festival State plates those numbers can be transferred at no extra cost.

Corporate plate agreements cost $180

Artwork starts at $300+GST.

Once you have paid for the artwork any number of plates can be reproduced without the artwork fee being charged again.

When applying for the Corporate Plates you will need to contact our Product Marketing section at PO Box 1, Walkerville 5081.

You will need to provide a copy of your logo and supply the slogan you would like displayed on the plate and product marketing will prepare the artwork for your Corporate Plate.

I hope this answers your initial enquiry, but please call me direct so that I can assist you in more detail.

Kind regards

Jackie McEwen

Product Marketing Officer

Department for Transport, Energy and Infrastructure

There's no mention of having an ABN as a prerequisite when applying for them.

If it werent for the fact that you have to pay an additional $180 for the plates I would definately be in.