SAU Community

Chassis Aligning Clamp Marks

Hi all, recently looked at an '97 r33 gts-t series II. Its very standard apart from custom exhaust and cd player. Anyway, its a private sale and i got the seller to get an RACQ Master Check. The master check revealed that shocks and suspension needed work but the seller and I were already aware of this because he was getting a roadworthy for it the day before and his mechanic already notified us of this. Anyway other than that there is one hting on the report that is worrying me. In the final notes section of this RACQ report the inspector has said 'Chassis aligning clamp marks to right lower sill area' and then further on states 'repairs to various panels with preparation marks, paint finish variations'.

The car drives fine and suspension doesn't make any funny sounds and the car is getting new suspension right now anyway.

I'm just a bit concerned with the whole chassis aligning thing. Would there be any underlying problems that i should further look into even though the car feels fine?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

wow good pick up by the inspector if thats what it is.

lets put it this way, if it has been in a good accident, if they went to the troouble of putting it in a chassis aligner it is probably nice and straight now :P

i would stay clear of the car and find another, but if you have your heart set on this one then use the report in your favor to get it for a good price (and i mean a very very very.... good price or stay clear).

Chances are that most 2nd hand skylines have been in an accident. There getting to the age where if they haven't been hit they are very lucky cars. I'm sure theres lots of people driving cars that they think are perfect but have probably just been repaired well.

yeah I agree....mist have been in some sort of smash, and a well repaired crash is as good as original. At least if this one has been on a jig you know it is straight now, unlike every other smashed and repaired skyline