SAU Community

Where To Get Gutter Scuffed Rims Repaired?

R34 Sedan

Hi Guys,

I have a nice set of Enkei rims, 3 of them have mild to moderate gutter scuff, otherwise in perfect condition.

Does anyone know of any where in Sydney who would do a good job of machining them off?

Also would this affect the balance or strength of the wheel at all? I have been told this is not a problem as long as you don't machine to much off?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Do you have any personal experience with them?

It's always hard to know where to go, especially when you get multiple recommendations.

Essentially I want to go to the best and get a bloody good job done.

Thanks

After calling up a few places about my rims, it seems that they don't grind off wheel material at all. Rather, some places putty it and others weld it then paint it.

Therefore, it shouldn't be any weaker. I'm actually contemplating whether to repair one of mine or not. I dunno, maybe I might just change wheels altogther.

Silver gts-t,

Sounds promising, do you know how they will fix your gutter rash, ie will they machine them?

MANWHOR3,

This the first I've heard of this, I spoke to a couple of places who advised they would machine them as long as they don't need to take to much off (Mine arn't really that bad).

Hard to know what to do, I'd like to keep them as their really nice rims.

Thanks

Silver gts-t,

Sounds promising, do you know how they will fix your gutter rash, ie will they machine them?

MANWHOR3,

This the first I've heard of this, I spoke to a couple of places who advised they would machine them as long as they don't need to take to much off (Mine arn't really that bad).

Hard to know what to do, I'd like to keep them as their really nice rims.

Thanks

depends how bad etc..

if they can smooth it out, they will, if not they may weld ontop and smooth over

how long is a piece of string?... it always depends on the amount of work they have to do.... simple gutter rash shouldn't cost more than around 80 bucks a wheel and they'll look like new... you can also get them just sanded back, it's cheaper but yr better off getting the clear coating as well.

• 1 year later...

Siddr20: Greg aka MagMan done very good job and his price is reasonable

I had my rims fixed by him.. he can fix any sort of damages.. like small gutter rush to buckle or cracks.. he can do either weld, mechine or polish and balance the rim to perfection!

I knew him since I've got my first car and put the rush on my very first mag wheels!! and now over 10 years I still go back there when I need rims fixed! (even now I live near Newcastle)

only problem is.. he very busy and only works by himself, sometime it could take over 2-3 weeks before he can start working on ur rims. so, better call him before drop them off !

hope this help

Ford

Edited by subie

I know a guy he did mine, I thought that they were screwed as the mags were that bad they were given to me, he fixed them up a treat, I don't think he'll fix buckled rims though. He also does paint repairs and plastic welding etc etc.

Contact Brian operating under Unek paint repairs 0145333330.

Cheers.

Siddr20: Greg aka MagMan done very good job and his price is reasonable

I had my rims fixed by him.. he can fix any sort of damages.. like small gutter rush to buckle or cracks.. he can do either weld, mechine or polish and balance the rim to perfection!

I knew him since I've got my first car and put the rush on my very first mag wheels!! and now over 10 years I still go back there when I need rims fixed! (even now I live near Newcastle)

only problem is.. he very busy and only works by himself, sometime it could take over 2-3 weeks before he can start working on ur rims. so, better call him before drop them off !

hope this help

Ford

Would you have his number and roughly how much did he charge?

Also where is he located?

thanks dude

I know a guy he did mine, I thought that they were screwed as the mags were that bad they were given to me, he fixed them up a treat, I don't think he'll fix buckled rims though. He also does paint repairs and plastic welding etc etc.

Contact Brian operating under Unek paint repairs 0145333330.

Cheers.

Cool will give him a call as well..