SAU Community

Engine Bay Pic Of R34's With Fmic

mxtcy

Hey guys and girls :D

Just wondering if anyone has pics of their, or anyone elses R34 Gtt's engine bay with FMIC cooler pipes installed. I'm getting mine done next week and i'm just wondering about the stock air box and air intake pipe. I am guesing they are no longer usable due to the pipes being too big and thus the air intake pipe being unsuable, which in turn stops the airbox getting an air feed. So i am thinking i will have to go for a pod with a head sheild or something, but thought perhaps someone had found a way to use the stock air box.

I'm after pics of either of these set ups, FMIC pipes and still using the airbox (and perhaps the air feed), or with a pod filter set up (with a heat sheild/box, or however you have done it).

Sean

i think satanic has a pic of a 34 with the fmic pipe going around the neo cover and the stock air feed. what you'll need to do is modify the air feed that goes to your airbox to go around the piping (by chopping about 2 inches from it). depending on the kit the neo cover needs to be sliced a little too.. but it's not too noticable.

someone on sau has posted a stagea with the piping all nice a neat in the engine bay.. it should be the same for the 34.

Or get a a non cross-over pipe one, sure the flow aint sooo good, but no hack 'n' slash required.

I remember Nozila had some pics of IceDuck's install.

Why?

If you're going to need "thicker/stronger" pipes for the powere you're aftre (it must be a LOT), then the stock airbox is going to be a major restriction.

:P Just trying to help you out buddy.

But I'd think long and hard about it, as you'll save yourself a whole deal of trouble, unless you're aiming for say 300+RWKW i can't see the point. All you'll probably do is introduce reduced throttle response. Plus you can get your extra pipes when you rip out the air-box.

However, I realise not all mods are done for purely logically reasons, if you've got your heart set on shiney new pipes thats ok too. :D But just so long as you're aware of the situation.

yeah ive got pics of a r34 install. used a blitz intercooler. just look in my gallery. imho, thats the best bet cause cross over pipe = headache fabrication to the structure of the car/pipes itself. let me know if you need any help etc etc

a pipe is a pipe, stronger or not doesnt matter. as long as it does the job. why waste your money?? ppl have used pvc for crying out loud haha - dont know how well that went though.

search forums, there is a thread on the use/benefits (if any) of pvc as intercooler piping that goes on for pages and pages.

that nots not what your asking, if your doing custom fabrication then what the issue? hence 'custom'

i also helped andrew (nightcrawler) with his fmic install. from what i recalled he had a cai box which is basically an alternative stock airbox. maybe give me a nudge.