SAU Community

Best place to DYNO & TUNE?

OSH13T

tan18d, feel free to do so via PM. As far as I understand, you cannot bad mouth companies here as it is somewhat of a public pladce and SAU could be sued for defamation...

that's what I thought anyway but I'm not an admin......

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Ronin said is right - We do this to protect SAU from any possible recourse.

We wouldn't want SAU taken down for something that can be avoided.

People have seen your story and are welcome to use PM or private e-mail if they really want to know more.

Thanks for understanding.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would let you know that I had my Apexi tuned at Ric Shaws yesterday.

I had the last tune(s) at a different shop (had to take it back) after my engine rebuild and I could feel that it wasn't right, Ric's dyno read that it was making 152rwkw. After Ric had finished it made 185rwkw. This is a result I can feel, in perspective - a 20% power increase, plus the car is generally better behaved.

He did keep the car overnight, which pissed me off 'cos I had to catch a train home (2.75hrs vs 1.25hrs in the car) but he needed the car to get it right.

Total cost $330 = less than $10 per kilowatt.

Bonkers,

A great result - I used to take my Series 4 rotor to Rics, a few years back - they were always good, affordable and professional.

Do you know if Ric can tune EMS ?

Cheers,

ohshi3t, the problem with mines ECU is that the eprom is glued too securely to the circuit board. Open it up and take a look you see a secondarycircuitboArd on top of the factory one. And if you unscrew it, you'll notice the there is a shitload of glue on the ROM,making impossible to take out and therefore no one cept mines can tune the mines ecu. If you decide not to go aftermarket, i think you can desoilder the secondary circuit board and install tuned rom yourself.

Unique is getting a dyno in the coming weeks which will mean they will be able to dyno tune your car.

Very handy - especially now they will be a one stop shop