SAU Community

Another Heartbreaking Got Defected Last Nite Story.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough luck mate, that area of great western highway always has coppers crawling all over it. So we generally avoid driving through that area and go through the M4. Sounds like u got done by some bitch trying to look like tough shit around her boy copper buddies. Wait for the fine to come in the mail before you do more, sounds like bs to me.

NSW next to VIC has the highest number of revenues collected by the state police. They're all a bunch of wankers. They'll try to get ya done for scratching ur arse.

defect list:

pod

its illeagal?

Thats what i was saying earlier in my post...a pod by itself is not illegal, but if you have an intercooler then you cant have a pod aswell...its either one or the other, thats y its b/s to get defected for both.

ive got a mate in leeton that got defected for a pod filter n non standard seats

the seats are standard series 1 seats on his s1 r33. havent been touched at all

the officer dropped the pod filter defect but decided to pursue the seats lol

my mate is taking him to the cleaners now n is goin to have him up on harassment as the officer thought he was speeding and did a u turn in his paddy wagon which doesnt have a radar. the officer sed it was a 50 zone but it was clearly a 60 zone

all because he owns an import....

sad sad days

ive got a mate in leeton that got defected for a pod filter n non standard seats

the seats are standard series 1 seats on his s1 r33. havent been touched at all

the officer dropped the pod filter defect but decided to pursue the seats lol

my mate is taking him to the cleaners now n is goin to have him up on harassment as the officer thought he was speeding and did a u turn in his paddy wagon which doesnt have a radar. the officer sed it was a 50 zone but it was clearly a 60 zone

all because he owns an import....

sad sad days

Thats right Kam.

For those who dont know the person Kamikaze refers to in his post is me. I posted on here asking for some advice around 12 months ago when I was in the same position as the thread starter. Luckily I am in a position where a friend of the family is a solicitor, and I spoke to her less than 30mins after the police officer pulled me over. As Kamikaze has stated, I have had the charge against the pod filter dropped which at the time was enclosed by a Unique Auto Sports box. This is apparently still worthy of a defect. My engineers certificate got me off this charge however, as when the prosecutor's solicitor saw it himself, the charge was immediately dropped.

It's now up to me however to prove that my standard seats are standard. So far I am trying to obtain a copy of the R33 (S1) sales brochure from funkymonkey, am comparing part numbers shown on Nissan fast software with the part numbers on my seats, and am basically finding as many photos as I can of Series 1 interior's to prove my case.

Before you ask, no I am not a provisional driver I have been fully licensed for over 2 years, I was not wearing a baseball cap, I was not speeding, I was not abusive or offensive to the officer any way etc etc.

I was however told to admit to speeding or I would be defected for a faulty speedo, I was told to step out of the car which I did, and then yelled at to get off the road, I was called a spastic, a retard (I do not posses either of these mental or physical conditions) and told that I would wrap my two female passengers around a tree because of the vehicle I was driving.

I can go on with a lot more detail, but for the purpose of this thread, and my personal situation with the case I will leave it at this. All I can suggest is that you stick with your principles, and If you know yourself that you have done nothing wrong, that you fight it.

Edited by MintR33

Thats what i was saying earlier in my post...a pod by itself is not illegal, but if you have an intercooler then you cant have a pod aswell...its either one or the other, thats y its b/s to get defected for both.

Thats actually not correct. Having been talking to a registered rta engineer, I was advised that the issue with pod filters is the drive by noise. Any modification after the airflow meter the cops can defect you for as it can effect emissions.

I like many others was under the impression that a pod filter had to be fully enclosed to be legal. According to the engineer this is not the case and has to simply pass a driveby test that is less than ~75db. Apparently most skylines are noisier than this.

Front mounts get defected for obviously effecting emissions as mentioned above but also for effecting the structural rigidity of the car as a hole needs to be cut for them to fit. The cops actually get this wrong most of the time as in s15,s14,s15,r32,r33,r34 the hole does not require cutting through any part of the chassis and is simply a sheet of metal (battery box) so is easy to get engineered.

Hope that helps. Engineer for anyone needing advice was Nathan from Grey Imports in Sydney.

nfi, thats correct.

When my vehicle was engineered all the engineer was worried about regarding my pod was noise (which is covered in the epa regulations) and the FMIC was checked to ensure that no stuctural componants had been modified or that any part of the intercooler would cause excessive harm in a pedestrian colision such as sharp objects.

This is for NSW.

Thats actually not correct. Having been talking to a registered rta engineer, I was advised that the issue with pod filters is the drive by noise. Any modification after the airflow meter the cops can defect you for as it can effect emissions.

I like many others was under the impression that a pod filter had to be fully enclosed to be legal. According to the engineer this is not the case and has to simply pass a driveby test that is less than ~75db. Apparently most skylines are noisier than this.

Front mounts get defected for obviously effecting emissions as mentioned above but also for effecting the structural rigidity of the car as a hole needs to be cut for them to fit. The cops actually get this wrong most of the time as in s15,s14,s15,r32,r33,r34 the hole does not require cutting through any part of the chassis and is simply a sheet of metal (battery box) so is easy to get engineered.

Hope that helps. Engineer for anyone needing advice was Nathan from Grey Imports in Sydney.

Well if so, not many cops i ahve encountered are aware of that, when with a freind in a 32 we were pulled over by police and an epa officer checked the car, asked if the pod filter was a dry element filter, which it was and said it needs to be secured to be legal, so got defected for that.

In total i have been with ppl in 32's or in my own 32 and been pulled over 4 or 5 times and never been told the pod filter was illegal, but thats not to say they aren't, just sounds like not many cops will defect you for it. They are quite common modification that i have seen on a lot of cars, but that doesnt make them legal i know.

one word no two.......bullshit

:O:):):O:O:O:O:no::no:

We have three tiers of Authority for NSW and I’m trying to make is as short as possible.

DOTARS – Federal

RTA - State

EPA – Common law.

They All know better than the other and none willing to co-operate.

The Department of Transport and Regional Services (DOTARS) know better than the rest of the world and set the rules as in the National Code of Light Practice, RAWS, SEVS and basically writes the ADR’s (Australian Design Rules) and (HARDLY) maintains the new RAWS & allows big business to dictate where we go and who we buy from with a very brazened approach. ( MY Bitch)

RTA. Roads and Traffic SERVICE. Believe that NSW know better than DOTARS & the rest of the world. AND THEY ARE GOINNG BROKE!!! IDIOTS

EPA operate under common law, not the NSW Traffic Regs & ADR’s. A perfect example is testing exhaust noise. The RTA regulation is different to the EPA. After umpteen years there is still no defined answer expect to say if you get pulled over by the RTA expect a different result from the EPA. One example is that ‘King loud Harley Davidson you here from 20 blocks away and quite often will hit 120 Dba. The exhaust system has a Patient which is common law & thus takes precedent over a federal or state regulation. From what I understand.

You are paying for the above……………………..

Now that brief has been understood& is all clear someone needs to Police it, the NSW Police.

My personal opinion of the Police is that they do there Job 110% better than any other nufnuf in the public service. They have information given to them in regards to Traffic regulations, common law, state regulation and the next job they have is to tell some poor bastard that their kid is cactus, with one too may needles hanging out of their limbs, and they deliver the message.

You and you car are not the most important role they have to carry out. What would be more important Pulling over a FUUUUUL SIKMATE craper, with 4-5 circumcised hair cuts on P’s .Dead.

Now, most Defect Notices NOT ALL will have the term “to comply” “don’t comply”,

Not standard, etc. you have the opportunity to have your car engineered.

Example. Most pod filters are sold with “For off road use only” “Not street Legal” “ May not meet EPA requirements” all for a reason. Contrary to popular believe this wording is not for shits & giggles.

Now for the MYTH, cover the pod and will make it legal. CRAP on all laws & regs in NSW. The manufacturer has stated that the product is “not for Street Legal Use” and you need to prove indifferent for emissions AND noise.

For in most cases, street use Blow off valves that don’t plumb back are for the stupid and don’t comply. However, if they do plumb back THEY ARE NOT STANDARD. Proof is required that they meet the required ADR, RTA & EPA.

It doesn’t matter, dinkum dildo or 45 inch wheels you need to prove that they meet the requirements, fundamentally an engineers report for non standard modification is the best mod you can have. .

Someone will argue with fact, get the Roads and Traffic Service to Put it in writing and your first hurdle has been jumped.

The easies hurdle wil be to book in for a RTA IM240 TEST on the RTA 1300 we hate you hot line.

A good engineer will ask for an IM240 a crap one will take your money.

Sorry more than two words.

basically i got my car engineered and got my defects cleared because i need to drive my car.

i put a cover over my pod.

im gonna pay some of the fines and some of them the engineer told me she had no right to give and i can get out of them my bov was plumb back and there was nothing wrong with where my boost gauge was mounted etc.

which is good cause these were 2 of the more expensive fines.

the rest i just have to cop and pay them.

so to sum it all up.

engineers certificate $770

pod box made up $90

2 fines i have to pay $290

blue slip $51

defect clearance $31

+ whatever its gonna cost me to change my registration with the rta to modified vehicle.

+ whatever it costs to persue the other fines in court.

+ i havent been able to drive my car this whole time while i waited for the engineers report.

plus to make things worse some blind 60 yr old with a huge 4wd ran into the side of my car and did a few k worth of damage and guess what he has no insurance !

but yeah ill bring this all back up when i get heard in court on the defects i got that werent defects.

nfi, thats correct.

When my vehicle was engineered all the engineer was worried about regarding my pod was noise (which is covered in the epa regulations) and the FMIC was checked to ensure that no stuctural componants had been modified or that any part of the intercooler would cause excessive harm in a pedestrian colision such as sharp objects.

This is for NSW.

How about the hole in the chassis for the FMIC, what did the engineers say bout that?

How about the hole in the chassis for the FMIC, what did the engineers say bout that?

Well I dont know how all the other FMIC kits are designed, but mine's a hybrid style kit and the hole only penetrates the sheetmetal below the fuse box/washer bottle and is sealed off with a nice rubber hose. If the hole interfered with a chassis rail or strut tower or something structural then I assume you would have buckleys of getting the car engineered or even registered.

Well I dont know how all the other FMIC kits are designed, but mine's a hybrid style kit and the hole only penetrates the sheetmetal below the fuse box/washer bottle and is sealed off with a nice rubber hose. If the hole interfered with a chassis rail or strut tower or something structural then I assume you would have buckleys of getting the car engineered or even registered.

I have the blitz FMIC with the piping that runs under the front bar, i assume this would be fine with what people have been talking about as it uses the standard holes for the intercooler.

I have an unboxed POD (which is loud) as well as the FMIC so im assuming this is not legal :S i had no idea i thought if i boxed the POD it would be fine... maybe ill just box it and put heaps of soundproofing/heatwrap around it to try and disguise it