SAU Community

Drift For Dummies #1

R31Nismoid

SAU-Vic Proudly Presents the first in a large series of Drift oriented days

Official Event Schedule released:

Please download and review. Print a copy if you would like it in colour and bring it along with you.

Click Here !!

Just a brief over-view. This is a training day.

The first drift learning day, known as Drift for Dummies will be held at the DECA facility in Shepparton on Saturday the 22nd July 2006.

We have two official sponsors for the event which are Jspec and Driftline

The day provides to be a useful learning platform for those wanting to learn what drifting is, how it is actually done and how you can do it in real life.

Wether your car is a stock standard car or a heavily modified street/drag car it doesn't matter as its a learning day and not a D1 competition.

The environment set out will be a relaxed and fun atmosphere with club members, professional instructors that are very well known within the Drift community and officials.

The event schedule will enforce strict instructions from both officials and drift instructors so it won't be a case of rock up and go sideways.

You will be directed on each of the "drift events" and given one on one instructions from our dedicated team.

In the first few events cars will have exclusive access on the Skidpan so theres no possibility of hitting another car, obstacle or doing any damage.

You do not need a 300rwkw 11sec street car to participate in our Drift for Dummies training day, any rear wheel drive car will be suitable.

The art of drifting is to be in control of a car that is out of control and to maintain that balance.

And above all... You will NOT eat your tyres. The tyres you choose to drive up on are more than adequate

Entry form and Supp Regs here:- Click Here

All fields must be filled out. Your entry will be void until a full form/payment is submitted.

If you don't have a AASA license please let us know you wish to get one on the day.

AASA costing is as follows: $45pa

Please ensure you fax signed disclaimer form.

This is also covered by CAMS, so if you have a CAMS license please fillout the license section appropriately on the Entry Form.

Please thank our sponsors for reducing the cost of the day for you guys.

J-Spec Imports - www.j-spec.com.au logo_new.gif

and

Drifline www.driftline.com.au logo.jpg

Here is the official entry list.

Group A

1. Peter Blythe - 34GTT (Bass Junky) - PAID, ENTRY OK

2. Justin Marcus - 33GTST (justin911) - PAID, ENTRY OK - Waiting on mail from AASA

3. Michael Dessmann PAID

4. Alan Calleja - 33GTST (Al) - PAID, ENTRY OK

5. Rylan Gan - 32 (foznice) - PAID Need Licence info

6. Berin Connell - 33GTST (Abcent) - PAID, ENTRY OK - CAMSL2S on the day.

7. William Li - 33GTST - PAID, ENTRY OK

8. Michael Pope - R32GTR - PAID, ENTRY OK

9. Jeff Beable - PAID, ENTRY OK

10. Jackie Bromfield - R33GTST - PAID, ENTRY OK - AASA on the day.

Group B

11. Jason Teh - R33 - PAID, ENTRY OK - Is applying for L2S - Please advise number before event.

12. Gareth Evans - To Pay on the Day

13. Russell Cunningham - 32 (Russell GTS-R) - PAID, ENTRY OK

14. John Bonaddio - 180sx - PAID, ENTRY OK - AASA on the day.

15. Sharni Brown - 180sx - PAID, ENTRY OK

16. Sam Lothringer - R32GTST - PAID, ENTRY OK - AASA on the day.

17. Catherine May - Sil80 - PAID, ENTRY OK - AASA on the day.

18. Justine Schuller S15 200sx (MISSJUZ) - PAID, ENTRY OK

19. Robert Nigro - 32-4door - PAID, ENTRY OK Licence on the Day

20. David Bonaddio - 180sx - PAID, ENTRY OK - AASA on the day.

Group C

21. Paul Rivoli - 33GTST (Paulr33) - PAID, ENTRY OK

22. Colin Fox - 32GTST (cln) - PAID, ENTRY OK - CAMSL2S on the day.

23. Theo Dinakis - s14 200sx - PAID, ENTRY OK - AASA on the day (Has paid SAU for AASA)

24. Chance Lockwood-Mawson - silvia - PAID, ENTRY OK - AASA on the day

25. Lydia Leong - s14 silvia - PAID, ENTRY OK- AASA on the day (Has paid SAU for AASA)

26. Sarah Kaye - 200sx - PAID, ENTRY OK - AASA on the day

27. Manuel Su - s15 silvia - PAID, ENTRY OK - AASA on the day.

28. Ben Lippa - PAID - To Fax Entry

29. Craig Moor - PAID - To Fax Entry

30. Roshan - Driftline - PAID - To Fax Entry

Waiting List

1. Nick Angelopoulos

2. HKS-R33

3. Restless 33

Accommodation info - http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...p;#entry2312827

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have to be a SAU member?

Entries have been opened to the general public now to fill spots.

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but you'll need to be part of a CAMS affiliated car club I beleive...

Cost for non SAU members is $110

Meh, thats Chris' job, not mine. I just post the threads :nyaanyaa:

He can update the form when he gets time. I dont have access to the FTP server.

But yeah, just ignore it unless you want to wait for a new form?

Its all skidpan based work, demo's from instructors @ lunch etc.

Our DECA days use the track however, but this is a beginner day so keeping it to a level to educate people from the ground up.

Hey guys, i just transfered the money then but forgot to take a screen shot or right down the damn number.

Transaction is under D4D John Bonaddio, ill will fax threw the forms tomorrow morning first thing when i get to work

We just found some random people from Bell St. Macca's mate...

Honestly, do you think we are charging you guys $110 to have someone that isnt expirienced.

If you're going to come with the attitude that you'll have to teach the instructors, it might be better if you dont come along.

Remember this is a Learn to drift event. If you dont need to learn then this event probably isnt for you

Just something to think about.

cheers - ash

Who will be the instructors. I don't want to go and have to teach them a thing or 2. (NO IM NOT A f**kEN NOOB EITHER)

I'm sure they will be able to teach you something and if not you maybe should look for a proffessional drive sometime soon.... :D

Or another event to attend!!

Oh and by the way, its good to see your coming along Sarah (Sxkity).... be good to catch up.

faxed it off this morning

Ash - Cause i dont have ASAA thingy can i just rock up on the day pay the $45 or what ever fill out and form and thats it? or is there anything else i must do before hand

Also - Just sent off money and forms for my brother David Bonaddio

Edited by SLYSX