SAU Community

Drift For Dummies #1

R31Nismoid

Yeah well i;m sorry to have an issue with me paying 110 for getting tips off stooges. I have been to events previous events with other clubs and the drift teachers needed a hand. SORRY TO WANT MY f**kEN MONIES WORTH.

Why not say it's the old full lock crew and there would be no f**ken issue here Mr Nismoid.

As the current motor sport director I can tell you that SAU doesn't do events in half measures. If you do get the opportunity to come along to a DECA day or Driver Training day you should, as you will see our events are well organised and our volunteers (including instructors, marshalls, committee and even me) are dedicated to putting on an enjoyable day.

However we all do have full time employment and sometimes organising these things can be taxing. Please be patient with us, and don't take ash's posts as agressive..

Thanks, Chris.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FARK! looks like ive missed out. I was going to pay and fax my forms before getting my car back just to secure a spot, but too late now...

Edit: Scotsman - not required, keep it clean.

Edit: R31Nismoid - cause i know dezz loves me for the great news i give him

As the current motor sport director I can tell you that SAU doesn't do events in half measures. If you do get the opportunity to come along to a DECA day or Driver Training day you should, as you will see our events are well organised and our volunteers (including instructors, marshalls, committee and even me) are dedicated to putting on an enjoyable day.

However we all do have full time employment and sometimes organising these things can be taxing. Please be patient with us, and don't take ash's posts as agressive..

Thanks, Chris.

Thanks for the reply.

FARK! looks like ive missed out. I was going to pay and fax my forms before getting my car back just to secure a spot, but too late now...

Edit: Scotsman - not required, keep it clean.

Edit: R31Nismoid - cause i know dezz loves me for the great news i give him

hehehe....nice work. i know you had to do it, but i dont think you totally disagree with my thoughts :laugh:

I just personally didnt think we'd want people with that attitude at event thats being held to teach those of us with no idea...but thats just me i guess...and a few others i know of :P

You gotta be a member too see the section.

Membership takes i think 14 days to process/access granted etc etc.

If you cant see that link, your membership is

1) not processed yet

2) access hasnt been given out yet, but membership has been approved

That said, this day is looking to go without a hitch.

If it does, this could be the first of many.

Have updated the entry list, and payment details.

For those of you appling for AASA on the day, please print off and fill in the licence form for application of the AASA annual licence. Please ensure you bring this form with payment to the registration office at the beginning of the day.

AASA Club Racing Permit

Driftline www.driftline.com.au (one of our sponsors) has asked me to post some information for your benefit.

Although it is not necessary to fully setup your suspension to enter Drift 4 Dummy's, you may be interested in what is required to setup a car and can contact:

Tims Pro Drift Alignment. Ph: 93576276

Unit 4 / 1880 Hume Highway Campbellfield .

Ask for TIM.

Any other inquires on what degree to set up your car for driift

Contact Roshan @ Driftline

For the dori dori event how much wear do you think the tyres will cop? 20%+ ? Ill be participating anyway as my tyres are new and ill just rotate

For the dori dori event how much wear do you think the tyres will cop? 20%+ ? Ill be participating anyway as my tyres are new and ill just rotate

Just as much as any other ashphault surface. It is a little bit rough there thou. I guess it depends on how hard your going to go. But we will attempt to water it down. I still need to speak to the DECA manager about this.

If you just do a couple of circles, it shouldn't be that noticable tread wear. But if you smoke it up for a full 2mins, may take 15% off a tyre.

i guess im in...

You are....

I have updated the entry list and put people into groups. (see 1st post) Let me know ASAP if you wish to be close to a specific person, and i'll see what I can do. But after tonight. Too late.

Found an error in the event schedule. Please re-download and print page 7 if it concerns you.

The description for Event 4 is actually the description for handbrake 101. No biggie!!