SAU Community

Insurance Renewal Just Arrived

700HP-GTR33

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in the QLD sticks am 29, rating 3, agreed Value on both 33 & 32 sedans With MODS and I pay $1100 & $900 respctively for full comprehensive cover and buy back option.

Shannon's

Rating 1, 17K agreed value, 500 excess, 1200 (mildly modified)

Rating 1, 20K agreed value, 500 excess, 1300 (highly modified)

Just car

Rating 1, 16K "agreed" value, 1200 excess, 1000

Do not compair Shannons to Justcars, they are leagues appart.

There is a WA guy on the forums that works for Shannons, does awesome deals, give him a PM:

_8OO5TED_ (real name: Matt)

He will call you from work and sort out your insurance :wave:

Whats the car and details?

I cannot recommend Shannons highly enough. Matt from here has been superb so seeing as you are with them, I would stay. Actually upon re-reading, it is the guy Al is recommending above.

My Evo is $1300 fully comp with 3 other named drivers and agreed value. Very happy indeed and no extra to pay by the month. I am Rating 1 protected.

Yeah shannons in WA is the way to go. Chris (GTRSOUL) organised everything for me.

They even insured me with my driving history! (2 court cases and a few fines here and there)

I previously insured my r32 GTR with Just Cars: Rating 1 - Full Comp - $21800 agreed value = $1300. Excess was around $900

Now with Shannons its agreed value of $25000 with premium of $1500. Excess (from memory) was about $800.

To me it made sense to spend $200 more and get an extra $3000 cover.

Yeah shannons in WA is the way to go. Chris (GTRSOUL) organised everything for me.

They even insured me with my driving history! (2 court cases and a few fines here and there)

I previously insured my r32 GTR with Just Cars: Rating 1 - Full Comp - $21800 agreed value = $1300. Excess was around $900

Now with Shannons its agreed value of $25000 with premium of $1500. Excess (from memory) was about $800.

To me it made sense to spend $200 more and get an extra $3000 cover.

By memory i think Just Cars (a part of AAMI) and Shannons could only insure me(GTR)

Shannons has excess lower than that ,I nominated only myself and have only a $500 excess and they give one free windscreen replacement every year.But then again I am 39 with no claims or traffic infringements(Knock on wood)

Yes an agreed value is the way to go .I have $35000 on mine(Its hard to find a good GTR33 at that price though)

not sure why some of you are having a cry :thumbsup:

i was 21 rating 6/just cars (my previous insurance on my P's was under my moms insurance so i never got any rating points for those 3 years)

and i was paying $3200 to just cars :)

now 2 years on.. im paying like $1900 to shannons :yes:

not sure why some of you are having a cry :thumbsup:

i was 21 rating 6/just cars (my previous insurance on my P's was under my moms insurance so i never got any rating points for those 3 years)

and i was paying $3200 to just cars :)

now 2 years on.. im paying like $1900 to shannons :yes:

Wow! I wonder if anyone can beat that $3200!

Is that $1900 with a rating 4 now?

How much would be expected to drop from my ~$2400 when i go to rating 4 (knock on wood making no claim)?

after a yr with just cars when i changed from rating 6 - 5 i was paying $2200.. i doubt yours is gonna drop $1k though :thumbsup:

you should speak to shannons though, there excess is about $1000 cheaper than just cars, and they let you pay monthly :)

Like Al said, speak to _8OO5TED_ on SAU and he'll fix you up :yes:

after a yr with just cars when i changed from rating 6 - 5 i was paying $2200.. i doubt yours is gonna drop $1k though :thumbsup:

you should speak to shannons though, there excess is about $1000 cheaper than just cars, and they let you pay monthly :)

Like Al said, speak to _8OO5TED_ on SAU and he'll fix you up :yes:

Thanks for the heads up! But i've already PM'd _8OO5TED_ and got referred on to another user of the forums to help me out - but it was too late unfortunately for that time being. I'm not so fussed with Just Car ATM, i might consider changing companies down the track though.

Cheers for your reply!