SAU Community

Friday Night At Grevillea Park

Would you basically say, that the amount of people that say they are coming are posting on here first, would be the amount of people that are going? Or do you normally have a lot of regulars?

Be careful out tonight ... cops are out in force everywhere ... I got pulled up and let off with a warning ... so just take it easy

Be careful out tonight ... cops are out in force everywhere ... I got pulled up and let off with a warning ... so just take it easy

What was the warning for?

I came off the throttle then back on the throttle through a roundabout ... the wheels didn't spin the engine just revved up and attracted attention so the cop who was on the sidewalk pulled me up and gave me a warning ... and they decibel tested the car and I had a chat with them for a few minutes and they let me off ... after showing my recent rego papers of only 2 months old and no modifications have been done since the rego inspection...

My car decibel tested at 97.4 db @ 3200rpm for a RB20DE sounds to me like there db meter is a bit f**ked as my car is not that loud .. my 1.6 SOHC ford laser is a million times louder

They let me off and told me to stuff some steel wool up the exhaust to quieten it down a tad as they said it was just over the legal limit of 90db

They then retested it a 2nd time at my request with myself watching the meter and the car only made 91.4db @ 3200rpm which is only just over ...

The cops are only doing there job ... but I don't know how accurate there equipment really is

I guess it was my fault for blipping the throttle and gaining unwanted attention in the first place so I will learn from this episode and will look into getting the car officially db tested for future reference

for starters, im hammered

and 2nd, you have a RB20de, like that would e above 90db?

i guess you have a turbo exhaust su=ysteem maybe? but hey you are winning in the efficiency stakes, seriously a RB20de is excellent on fuel, period/

i cant really comment as i have a L24e, that gets 520km to a tank, and is so hard to work on, its like givin head to siamese twins

i so drunk... someone shut me up

it doesnt matter what engine you have.. it depends on the exhaust. a prius could be louder than a rb25det if it had the right exhaust