SAU Community

Shell Optimax Vs Bp Ultimate

Can anybody comment on their experiences with these fuels.

heya, i have a r33 s2 and i find that opimax runs far better in my car....have done a lot of shopping around and yeah shell was best. but yeah most peolpe have have spoken too have said that they won't touch it coz of the dirty fuel episode. hasn't happened to me and thats all i put in

Everyone knows this.

Explain why on multiple occassions Shell reads a lower oxygen rating and slower lap times then other PULP ? I think you might find, and correct me if I'm wrong with proof, that each company also adds there own special mixes too the fuel at the same refinery.

Or... ring a marine shop, and ask them what fuels they suggest you use and WHY.....

Depends on where the fuel supplied for testing was sourced from. The BP Ultimate that is used for circuit racing comes from the BP refinery at Quinanna in WA. Arguably the best refinery in Australia using the best Australian crude oil. The Shell is sourced from Clyde in NSW. The Catex/Ampol comes from Kurnell in NSW, etc etc

So if you are looking at testing done in Vic then they might be testing BP Ultimate from Kwinnana, but that isn’t what you get when you pull up at a servo in Melbourne. You get BP made at the Shell refinery in Geelong, there is no BP refinery in Vic.

If you don’t believe me drive out to the refinery and watch the tankers pull in and out, you will see all the different brands.

Which marine shop should I call? One in Melbourne will give me a different answer than one in Perth.

hey guys what do you thin about shell extream 100 RON with 5% ethonol?

Absolutely the best stuff currently available in volume.

Do a search for more info, “Sydneykid”, “Extreme” and “any date”

:( cheers ;)