SAU Community

Hsv Astra Vxr/xr5t In Motor Mag

I'm just sick of people on here saying how crap wheels and motor are when they would have driven between them thousands of cars, clocked millions of kilometers, driven the most sort after cars in the world. And know a thing or two about them.

And alot of wheels contributers are ex racers, test drivers, etc, etc.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah I think he was referring to the top speed. Its cos the M5 is speed limited to 250kmh where as the VXR is not and tops out at 260kmh. The M5's true top speed as claimed by BMW is in excess of 320kmh. Ridiculous fast but yeah!

Think about it. I mean it could only beat the Mazda 6 MPS by a carlength? Thats not M5 performance! Its only 260hp!

Nah I think he was referring to the top speed. Its cos the M5 is speed limited to 250kmh where as the VXR is not and tops out at 260kmh. The M5's true top speed as claimed by BMW is in excess of 320kmh. Ridiculous fast but yeah!

Think about it. I mean it could only beat the Mazda 6 MPS by a carlength? Thats not M5 performance! Its only 260hp!

hmm

good point

ok, well i have the mag. and yes they do have the figures as-

astra 0-100= 5.29 seconds and 0-400m= 13.42 @ 176.8kmh

xr5t 0-100=5.41 seconds and 0-400m= 13.52 @ 174.9kmh....

however if you read through the article it says the astra does 0-100 in6.7 and the xr5t in 7.5 and across the 1/4 mile are 14.75 for the astra and 15.38 for the xr5t. this got me thinking that someone had cocked up. so i flicked through for another 6 or 7 pages and come across a comparison of the bmw z4 m roadster and the mercedes-benz slk55, and do you know what? guess what the performance times for they are. thats right, bmw z4 0-100= 5.29 seconds and 0-400m= 13.42 @ 176.8kmh and mercedes-benz 0-100=5.41 seconds and 0-400m= 13.52 @ 174.9kmh

so there we have it. they cocked up after all.

I have read the same thing and noticed the same thing.

Anyway, a while back MOTOR took 2 cars (I forget which), and they trialed their own 1/4timing shit (sort of like g tech, they mentioned that somewhere), and took those 2 same carss on the same day to a drag strip to be recorded by that time.

Anyway, to cut out lots of mathematical shit and stuff, MOTOR's way was always probably 2/10's faster than what it was at the drags, i cannot remember why but yeah tahts all it said :).