SAU Community

Using I-pod

Hi all,

just wondering if there is any way of hooking up an i-pod to the stock TV Nissan decks. It has an audio and video input at the front but I can’t seem to find a channel to run it on. Might have to change deck but want to waste money on engine mods first!!

Any suggestions?

Hi all,

just wondering if there is any way of hooking up an i-pod to the stock TV Nissan decks. It has an audio and video input at the front but I can’t seem to find a channel to run it on. Might have to change deck but want to waste money on engine mods first!!

Any suggestions?

are there any input selector on the deck? If its an external plug in like in front of the fase it should be AUX isnt it?

no pictures am I missing something?

I think there is a control unti under the passenger seat might be some inputs on it. They may be RCA though so a 2rca to 3.5mm adaptor may be required otherwise it may be in the boot I cant remember there was a thread about this a while ago I think not about ipods mind but about the inputs

here is a picture. i have a navigation system. could this be using the AUX channel. as it is no good to me i am going to disconnect it?

that i dont know where the nav is connected to. try to fiddle it if you cant bring it to an autoelec and see how much he will charge you for it and pay cash

not sure how to put a picture up. just audio in and video in on side of screen. will check under seat to see what i can find. im sick of listening to AM radio

thanks

if you got an inpu of videa and audio it should work though. just have to find the right input in your selector.

The tuner unit is in the rear quater panel on the passenger side and has an extra set of RCA inputs on it, that's what mine is like anyway. If you select VTR1 through the head I expect that is where the extra RCAs point at so with the right conections this may work... Not 100% sure if it will though...

as long as you can find the inputs ie 2 rca inputs then you will be fine. any a/v store will sell adaptors dick smith tandy harvey norman etc what you are looking for as i said before is 2rca (ie left and right) to 3.5mm adaptor.

If it is not rca then it will most likely be a 3.5mm jack then all you need is 3.5mm to 3.5mm or worst case 2.5mm to 3.5mm otherwise I am all outa ideas

good luck

took head unit out today. put a converter in so i can get fm channels (easy to do with good results). heaps of wires at the back tried plugging ipod into all of them. cant seem to get it working. when i get my alarm put on i will get the guy to have a look at it for me. currently i was using a 3.5 - 3.5mm cable and putting it in audio in. cant seem to be able to find an aux channel to run it on. have a cd/vcd stacker i want wired in as well so i can play cd's and hopefully watch movies on screen. if not deck is going in bin!!

took head unit out today. put a converter in so i can get fm channels (easy to do with good results). heaps of wires at the back tried plugging ipod into all of them. cant seem to get it working. when i get my alarm put on i will get the guy to have a look at it for me. currently i was using a 3.5 - 3.5mm cable and putting it in audio in. cant seem to be able to find an aux channel to run it on. have a cd/vcd stacker i want wired in as well so i can play cd's and hopefully watch movies on screen. if not deck is going in bin!!

Hi Ben,

That last bit can be done but not that simple see here

Cheers

Luke