SAU Community

Ve Commodore

mitsubishi, ford, and holden should take this advice and save themselves the hassle of each spendign millions in development for no reason:

they should make a new brans, known as "formitho" and just release one car known as the "falcadore380"

It would save them the trouble and no one would even tell the difference

one word summarises the new holden... boring

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ should be good! If the base model SS puts out 270kw, surely the HSV will give 300+ kw

OH and they're also bring back the GTS so much higer KW's than the HSV aswell!!

Edited by Dingo

looks like a ford from the front with some bonnet lines, side looks like a ford too

as for the back well yeah it looks like a tacky 380 with those clear back lights

i hate those lights on ANY car but thats just me

the interior with that color coded sh!t looks really bad especialy in red, however those newer pics posted looked better

270kw from the ss is okay but its heavy so who really cares.

all in all $1 billion+ to think of that HAHAHAHAHA

what a hunk of crap im not impressed, there will be no respect given from this crazed jap muscle fan.

a factory turbo hsv commo,....now that would be trippy

i've driven both the caprice and ss and can tell you they are a lot better in person. ss has optional 20's that look tough as. the handling is a giant leap above what they have at the moment. i gave the ss some sh*t and it's got balls. heaps of low down torque with top end revs. the interior is awesome. i'll never buy one but i'm impressed with the product they're putting out. it's a world class car for a world market. don't expect many people to order the fusion interior though. makes you wanna puke.

that's my 2cents worth

Seriously the VE should've been introduced 4 years ago already. It should be in it's Series II phase now.

I look at it and I'm thinking 5 years old Audi wannabe with a massive American pushrod donk. I just can't believe Holden have designed this car as a 3rd quarter 2006 release...

Having said all that, I'm sure in another time, in another world economic situation, it would be a decent family car that makes sense. I hope the VE can keep to it's sales targets after the new car novelty has worn off.

I realise where I've seen that handbreak now. They've been using that design on forkifts for some time now. Wonder how many other argricultural contributions have followed through to the production phase of Holdens new technological giant :banana:

Definatley not a fan looks like a BA Falcon mixed with a Astra :s

I'm waiting to see the new GTR's and Camaro's, I don't see the point in performance family cars.....eg. HSV's....

The piont of HSV's is easy, a family car with performance, so if you have kids, need a big car to go away in, there it is. simple. Many men grow up and have a family, and usaully the wife says you gotta get a family car so, HSV have got a family car that has heap of power, what can she say now! Honestly there's no room in a skyline for a family, unless its to the shop for a burger, oh and you can only have two kiddies.

The piont of HSV's is easy, a family car with performance, so if you have kids, need a big car to go away in, there it is. simple. Many men grow up and have a family, and usaully the wife says you gotta get a family car so, HSV have got a family car that has heap of power, what can she say now! Honestly there's no room in a skyline for a family, unless its to the shop for a burger, oh and you can only have two kiddies.

Yeah exactly... im a big guy and I dont have enough space in my skyline to stretch out...

I said is look like a BA from the very first spy shots. Why do they just keep upping the cubes to get more power why don't they do some development in the current engines to up the power and reliability? with fuel these days what family can spend $80-$100 a week.

Saw a few of the test cars the last few months on the way home from work with the front and rear covered up.

Saw a LDH of what looked like a holden last week also all covered up on the freeway. Note sure what car it was

yep looks like a BA crossed with a mitsubishi 380, especially the roofline and rear end. not a fan, all the big aussie cars are really starting to look the same.

The reason for that is that the same people design them.

Ford and Holden build the cars. They outsource most everything else. For example: To get the interiors done, they go to a company called e-dag in melbourne. They let them know what sort of things they want to stuff in the dimensions provided, and they make a computer model, followed by several mockups. They were probably responsible for the most noticable innovation, the VE handbrake recess, which seems to be a hit.

The point is that they look the same because the same people did them. Seriously, a guy works on the BF falcon, then get's a job sheet to do the same job on the VE Commodore.

As far as I am aware, all they do at the actual plants is look at what they get from the engineers, say 'yep' or 'nup' as they see fit, then give the green light to assemble.

Of course, retooling an assembly line is no small feat, so maybe that's just to keep things simple.

Whatever.

There's the explanation as to why they look the same.

I look at it and I'm thinking 5 years old Audi wannabe with a massive American pushrod donk.

I dont see why people still try to put down pushrod engines, they obviously have prooved the tests of time, hell even Nascar use Pushrod engines and they put out 770hp (575kw) and thats Naturally Aspirated. Plus the pushrod engine is lighter than a twin cam.