SAU Community

hey guys im not sure if this is the right section for myproblem so plz inform me anyways today i was driving pulled up to a set of lights put my clutch in and my car stalled i tryed starting it but it wouldnt start racq came out and told me the my coil packs were getting power but after that they werent getting a signal to turn the car on something about the crank angle sensor can anyone shed some light coz i dont have a clue

cheers

firstly, might have better luck in "forced induction" or "general maintainence"

if the CAS isn't sending a signal, the computer won't know when to spark. so there is some logic in what the racq was saying. it definantly won't be coil packs, because usually you get only one cylinder misfiring. I would suggest ignition module or cas.

see if the computer is reporting any fault codes. There should be a tech article / faq on how to check for error codes.

had similar problem with my 33gtr.... cas has two outputs one spark and the other for injector... we had spark but no injector pulse so i didnt even think of checking the cas.. 2 days passed trying to sort out this problem myself till we called in autosparky and fixed it in 1/2 hour... just hooked up his scan tool and we realised no output on the injector side......

I hate cas issues.

In my old vlt's, i had a few cas's fail, after driving for a while the engine heat would get to it and make the car cut out, leave it for 15 min's then it would drive ok for another 5 mins, then cut out, just went on and on