SAU Community

Qld Licence Plate Positioning

Rossman

you allowed to off set it as long as its still fully viewable from a 180 degree angel.

this was told me the other wk by a QLD Transport officer when i got my defect notice for my number plate being incorrectly secured to the front bar.

just so u know its 45 from center of car at 20 m

ive been done for this

it realy comes down to the cops descresion and the relaility is u just pay the $90 fin and move on

just so u know its 45 from center of car at 20 m

ive been done for this

it realy comes down to the cops descresion and the relaility is u just pay the $90 fin and move on

Yeah - neo32 is on the money... 45 degrees is the rule.

As for the previous post about the distance being 45 metres... I think I would need binoculars to see it from that far away even at 90 degrees :angry:

... Spose, my eyesight isn't that great though, LOL.

it can be a $340 fine and 3 points if u own the car

it was the first day those red monaros were on patrol and i got done buy one bullshit situation she only saw the front of the car for 3 sec and then follewed me for 15 mins then pulled me up for it i protested it they came out and measured it and i was there when they did definatly 45 deg and 20 m

they had the speed gue and everything the thing is tho on one side of the car it angles away so from the far side away from the plate its imposable to read if its screwed onto the car if the plate was straight faceing froward no on the angle with bar it would be ok

I didnt think you had to display a front number plate?

Im pretty sure by law your not required to, but if they pull you up on that and you show them the legislation in writing, they are going to rape you for as much other stuff as they can.

Why not save the $90 or $340 and just leave it where it is, the middle.

If you have a modified / aftermarket front bar, it may not be practical to leave it in the middle. Plus the intercooler gets more air if the plate is offset. But as long as it can be viewed from the said angle / distance, then you should not get a fine anyway.