SAU Community

School zones

Airzone

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by red900ss

I have no problem with speed cameras outside schools. If it saves one kid then it's worth it. :)

Remember these are little individuals who don't always know or think about what's goping on around them.  

Typical thought process: "there goes ball, must get ball..."

now speed cameras on multilane roads and freeways and Spit Hill is another matter all together... :D

Dino, this one I think.

Ivan, you know, this was probably directed at primary school children...I'm sure you've seen kids run onto a road without looking...imagine how you'd feel if you ran someone over, whether or not it was your fault.

ive never heard of ne kid being hit by a car because of sum speed limit or something, wateva tha topic started as. and there are FENCES and GATES that PREVENT kids from running. i havent seen a skool that has no fences around the playground.

Well, I'm no fan of speed limits, but in built up areas, with cars parked on either side, it is VERY hard to see someone coming from behind the car.

And it has been proven that speed makes a significant differance to stopping distance. I'd rather drive 20km/h slower and miss the kid

Originally posted by Duncan

No, way, I'm not taking on a 8' tall person at tennis.

How about a drive-off at Eastern Creek :D

so you won't take on Mr Fantastic at tennis but you will take on Godzilla? :confused: