SAU Community

What Fuel Pump To Get?

Hey guys just need some help working out what fuel pump to go with.....

looking at either Walbro GSS-341 or Tomei 183002.....

Looking at maybe geting around 220 - 250 rwkw atm i hope

so wondering if anyone has had any experiances with either of these pumps or could recomend one of theses or anyother pumps.... I hear the boosh ones arnt all the great.

also what will standard r33 injectors max out at?

Any help would be good thanks.

Edited by bygrave316

Definatly go the tomei or get a nismo either are great units and bolt straight in with little modding requried and stock 33 injectors max out at say 215-220 depending and the stock flow meter reaches its limit there too, what else do you have do atm to the car.

i've got a similar problem. injectors maxing out high in the rev range, need new pump, injectors and fuel pressure regulator.

i've heard some bad things about walbro (poor flow) and the bosch ones are supposed to be good but noisy. was thinking gtr pump? supposed to handle bigger power figures. don't know what power they max out at? you can get bosch 040 for $210 and 044 for $250 on this forum. from memory the tomei one is twice that. too many decisions. anyone have suggestions from real world testing and experiences? what injectors? what pressure regulator? what pump?

Simple maths, 370 cc injectors standard

370 cc per minute X 6 = 2,220 cc’s per minute

2,220 cc’s per minute X 60 = 133.2 litres per hour

The standard R33GTST fuel pump will supply 165 litres per hour at 13.8 volts

Which is enough flow for 6 X 460 cc injectors

460 cc = 460 bhp (in a 6 cylinder)

460 bhp = 343 kw – 65 kw losses = 278 rwkw

So the answer fopr your power target of 230-250 rwkw is to keep you standard fuel pump and run a relay and dedicated wiring harness form the battery to increase the voltage from the standard ~11.2 volts.

;) cheers :mage:

Edited by Sydneykid

I have just ordered a NISMO one (plus FPR, 600cc injectors and t-belt) from Perfect Run

Should be quite good, yess, mmm :D

Going by SK's maths (for me)

600cc injectors = 3,600cc's per hour = 216L per hour

4.6L per minute fuel pump = 276L per hour

yada, yada, yada. About 500-510hp

:D :D

ok think i can make a choice for the fuel pump... am i going to need to upgrade the fuel pressure regulator if i getting a fuel pump?

I also got all this to go into the car...

FPC + boost control kit

hks actuator

z32 afm

splitfire coil pack

all ready got 3" turbo back with split dump pipe

hybrid front mount cooler

apexi pod

atm got turbo smart boost controler running 12 psi (will replace with pfc boost control)

Someone told me that i might need to upgrade the injectors when i have it all in would this be true?

ok think i can make a choice for the fuel pump... am i going to need to upgrade the fuel pressure regulator if i getting a fuel pump?

Someone told me that i might need to upgrade the injectors when i have it all in would this be true?

Fuel Pressure Regulator Kits. Have a read, see if you may need one.

With those mods, injectors will be bottlenecking more horsepower and performance I'd say.

Fuel Pressure Regulator Kits. Have a read, see if you may need one.

With those mods, injectors will be bottlenecking more horsepower and performance I'd say.

ok cheers..... think i better get one.

so Im going to need to get injectors soon after all the mods?

I was hoping that i might be able to get away with out upgrading the injectors right away.

how much power am i looking at with all this?

Simple maths, 370 cc injectors standard

370 cc per minute X 6 = 2,220 cc’s per minute

2,220 cc’s per minute X 60 = 133.2 litres per hour

The standard R33GTST fuel pump will supply 165 litres per hour at 13.8 volts

Which is enough flow for 6 X 460 cc injectors

460 cc = 460 bhp (in a 6 cylinder)

460 bhp = 343 kw – 65 kw losses = 278 rwkw

So the answer fopr your power target of 230-250 rwkw is to keep you standard fuel pump and run a relay and dedicated wiring harness form the battery to increase the voltage from the standard ~11.2 volts.

:blush: cheers :(

You have an aweful lot of faith in the stock pump SK. I think I've seen about 8 out of every 10 nissan pumps fail while on the dyno. I know you were just answering his question but I don't think many of the stock pumps will flow those rates any more.

I also got all this to go into the car...

FPC + boost control kit

hks actuator

z32 afm

splitfire coil pack

all ready got 3" turbo back with split dump pipe

hybrid front mount cooler

apexi pod

atm got turbo smart boost controler running 12 psi (will replace with pfc boost control)

The factory fuel pressure reg is fine. With the mods listed you should easily see the 240rwkw mark but don't expect boost levels under 18psi. And if you are running the stock turbo, forget about anything above 215rwkw.

Hey SK, I'm thinking that your ctrl, a, c and v keys must be worn out....your a good man.

On topic, my fresh 25/30 (walbro enabled) was on the dyno today, we ran out of pump @ around 4500rpm and 14psi. Was wondering when it would run out of grunt...Oh well, will test pressure and flow tomorrow to confirm its death. Denso/Bosch, here I come!

and then see if your inject0rs max out at full duty or not.

umm doooodz. wtf are you talking about. funily enough injectors will 'max out' at full duty. that is what maxing out it. 100% duty. step away from the keyboard and put down the reefer you crazy kid.

umm doooodz. wtf are you talking about. funily enough injectors will 'max out' at full duty. that is what maxing out it. 100% duty. step away from the keyboard and put down the reefer you crazy kid.

:blush: I see. Hmm :(

ok cheers..... think i better get one.

You can get an FPR is you want, but its not a necessity, at ~$125 I thought it was a good idea, the only thing I am not replcing to do with fuel is the fuel rail. I remembered a few weeks ago someone posted about having problems with the FPR.

I found some specs on the NISMO FPR, which are. Adjustable to 10Ka/L/H with a 250m/sec Flow Rate. I have no idea what standard is though.