SAU Community

The Great Dyno E-Doodle debate

thanks for the support :devil:

I'm not too worried about top power anyway, that is for those people, like the ones in this thread, riding it like a $2 hooker.

I aim for maximum torque.

Gotta love the fat torque curves..

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for the support :devil:

I'm not too worried about top power anyway, that is for those people, like the ones in this thread, riding it like a $2 hooker.

I aim for maximum torque.

Gotta love the fat torque curves..

I compared my torque for Manual To auto And i made the Torque Earlier and it holds More Consistant througout the rev Range.I didnt lose any torque changing but i lost around 30 RWHP which i can say is pretty good.

NO DYNO WILL READ THE SAME REGARDLESS.. they may read close but THATS IT

A DYNO IS A AWESOME TUNING TOOL

the power readings from dynos i would only use to compare upgrades and see wat was worth the cash and wat wasnt..

sure.. if you put a stock v6 commie on a dyno and it pulls 1000hp than there is something majorly wrong..

everything matters with dynos.. how hard they are strapped down.. the tyres the car has.. (shit ones spin so ive found out) also.. BONNET UP OR BONNET DOWN.. recent dyno comp showed a skyline running no bonnet (against shootoutmode rules) and it spun up 500.5hp.. put the bonnet back on and it spun up a measly 435hp.. (i say measly because they were making claims of 700+rwhp before the comp)

meh

are u sure

If u put the Bonnet on it reads more due to Tempertures going up

Been away for three days and ive missed out on all of this. haha.

My 96 r33 made less then 143rwkw with std ecu, fmic, exhaust and avcr @ 10psi..usual crap...couldnt get anymore... Put avcr on and abit more boost, upped to 12psi and i made 166rwkw. So i agree with mafias idea on dynos, and the relevant power figures, seems accurate enough. And drive train losses are about 80hp constant, not a percentage of overall power made.

There definetly is alot of people who have been hanging around the what my old man refers to as 'The dyno tuners for pimple faced kids' who look for nothing more but who has the most outright power with as little mods as possible. Whether that power is accurate or not...who cares. So long as my car has more then yours....i get the extra street cred yeh?

You old boy sounds like mine...

His favourite phrase is, "you can't race a dyno reading...."

are u sure

needless to say.. bad dyno operator :devil: cars were getting heatsoak like a bitch there was one old school thing that was boiling its tits off when it was eventualy spun up.. but either way it ran less power with the bonnet on..

are u sure

I was at the comp that guy was talking about, and noticed that the DD's air probe was hanging on the side of the cabinet for all the runs i saw.

I should come down to Mackay and have a run with you on palmyra Mafia !

Gary

Edited by Fastrotor

haha i have no idea lol the dyno is a tunning tool that right

i will bring my car to any drags or dyno comp i have the tourque curve i have the 300+rwkw with a huge amount of torque i will line you up any day i will be running a time as well so you can slam it fair up your arse

you tyhe one that started this bullshit thread all i done was put up a dyno sheet that hasnt being fudge and you still wont belive it

f*k this im goin to get the time slip and the dyno sheet

well i will use a standard ecu to tune it as well and then u can see ill even drive to you to show u

ill film it so you can watch the set up aswell

Edited by teazn_r33

I don't see the appeal, personally. I prefer kicking filthy ricer arse with as little power as possible!

i agress with this guy the dyno is only a tool but its a good tool

and id rather be at the drags kicking arse

the skylines are capable of alot moer that ppl think look at the r33 with 500 or so rwhp on hear on a stock internals motor ??

haha i have no idea lol the dyno is a tunning tool that right

i will bring my car to any drags or dyno comp i have the tourque curve i have the 300+rwkw with a huge amount of torque i will line you up any day i will be running a time as well so you can slam it fair up your arse

you tyhe one that started this bullshit thread all i done was put up a dyno sheet that hasnt being fudge and you still wont belive it

f*k this im goin to get the time slip and the dyno sheet

It's posts like these that degrade the quality of threads and make people start fighting over nothing. Seriously someone close this thread already.

thread closed. it's now just become a waste of space. if anyone really wants to argue the toss i'm happy to re-open and move it to the wasteland where it belongs.