SAU Community

just wondering if i am doing this right, i have an rb20det engine that used to be auto, and is now manual.

there is no bush currently in it, the wreckers took it out, so im putting a manual one in that seems to be brass, and is slightly oversize.

Do i just simply "bash"it in there with a hammer? it doesnt exactly fit by just pushing it with your fingers....

any advice will help!

I think you have to get a wooden dowel and knock it in (thats what I did ) make sure once its in that the gearbox spigot fits as it is an interfearance fit and is very tight its no fun if the gearbox spigot is too tight when youve got the gearbox in the air and your trying to get the clutch friction plate lined up etc . oh and make sure you dont knock it too far in as there ia room for it to go right past where it should sit and then you have to buy a second one and put that in too (guess who did that) it just needs to be flush with the face of the hole in the crank end

instead of dowel you can grab a socket of the same diameter as the bush, then line it up, and hit that with a hammer to get it in. short sharp hits to work it in slow and straight. don't go wailing on it.

instead of dowel you can grab a socket of the same diameter as the bush, then line it up, and hit that with a hammer to get it in. short sharp hits to work it in slow and straight. don't go wailing on it.

shouldnt do that

the spigots are brass, your meant to use something weaker than the brass to knock it in so you dont damage it

u used the end of a rake :(

• 3 years later...