SAU Community

Help A Skyline Owner Become A Stagea Owner!

Naws

Hey people,

been looking for something with a bit more room to carry diving equipment, surfboards, immigrants and things like that as the skyline doesnt carry them very comfortably, specially with any form of passenger. So im thinking a stagea is the way to go.

The only problem is, i need to sell my skyline first before i can really start looking for a stagea :w00t:

So hopefully all goes to plan and i manage to sell the skyline.

and if you know anyone that is looking for a skyline, let them know :D

Im in adelaide, and if anyone wants to see my skyline here is the link:

car for sale thread here

Sorry if this seems off topic to be in the stagea section, but there were people complaining that you had run out of things to talk about, so thought id just post this :O plus the quicker it goes, the quicker i get a stagea and who wouldnt want to help another future stagea owner :devil:

Thanks

(hopefully a future stagea owner)

Aaron

mate thats a nice 32. Good luck with the sale, hope you end up getting a decent stagea. there is one for sale for fairly cheap in the for classifieds, and S1. Very affordable.

PS damn another one! i was hoping these things would stay i lot rarer and more exclusive for a lot longer...

i did the same as you mate, sold my R33 and got the madwagon. you'll notice a lot more head room and luggage space, but also the sluggishness of a car 200kg heavier and auto.

Do what I did, trade yours in when you buy a stag, and sluggish, mine had a lot more get-up-and-go than my skyline had :wave: BUT mine was very heavily modified when I bought it, which helps :wave:

Good luck on the search!

Oh and manual ftw!

My Series 2 just got a bit better today with the split dump pipe and a full 3" hi-flow exhaust. It has a nice note to it now, and feels a bit smoother through the revs. Not having had a 33, I dont have much to compare it too, but I like the practicality of the Stagea and the fact that there they are much rarer than the now ubiquitous Skylines. Now its got the sound to go with the looks too, which is good. P.s. If you want to get a bit more squirt off the line, go the manual, but the tiptronic is just as good once you get going - The tiptronic is great through the twisties. :P

Wont somebody answer the man's questions??

Here goes: the boot is 94cm at the strut towers, 138 at the widest, 80cm high and 110cm from the back of seat to tailgate. If you lay the seats down then you effectively double the length - just perfect for transporting immigrants.

And now for two questions of my own....

what does FTW mean?

Goldzilla - what the heck is that up your exhaust?

Here goes: the boot is 94cm at the strut towers, 138 at the widest, 80cm high and 110cm from the back of seat to tailgate. If you lay the seats down then you effectively double the length - just perfect for transporting immigrants.

And now for two questions of my own....

what does FTW mean?

Goldzilla - what the heck is that up your exhaust?

FTW = For The Win/World, i.e. basically proclaiming to be the best of whatever...

The thing in the exhaust is the restrictor, but I've lost the grub screw for it so never have it in anyway... It feels strangled when you drive it with the restrictor in and didn't provide any fuel savings, so after the first week I never bothered to put it back in.

Thanks for that,

Doesn't seem big enough for what I was thinking so im sticking with the current arrangement.

Was think of a better way of moving my kart than a trailer, it will go down to nearly 120 wide, but thats about it and still 25cm too wide.

HAHA, im sorry, id like to think they will stay fairly rare for a while aswell, maybe i'll try find one localy :).

Id love a manual, but we'll see how the funds go :P

also, can the guy that rang me that was interested in a trade pm me? (i forgot who it was :P )

If no-one tries to see how many bodies they can fit into a stagea, i sure as hell will! :) and i'll get pics aswell :D