SAU Community

Twin Dump Pipe

I have seen that a few people have been getting a twin dump dump pipe for their stageas. I am looking at getting an exhaust this week and wanted to know whether it is worth getting a twin dump pipe system or just sticking to the 3 inch single dump. I know of someone making one and putting it on a wrx and have said they have gained a considerable amount of torque.

Has anyone hade a single 3 inch and replaced it with a twin dump pipe set up??

I have seen that a few people have been getting a twin dump dump pipe for their stageas. I am looking at getting an exhaust this week and wanted to know whether it is worth getting a twin dump pipe system or just sticking to the 3 inch single dump. I know of someone making one and putting it on a wrx and have said they have gained a considerable amount of torque.

Has anyone hade a single 3 inch and replaced it with a twin dump pipe set up??

if you got the $$ do it. its not expnsive but just avoid some brands. J^%t J2p. if you know what i mean. Bis imports had alot of good comments from people in this forum.

I have just had a SS split dump pipe (AM Performance) put on to my Series 2, with a full 3" mild steel exhaust with a high flow cat and twin large bodied mufflers to quiet it down.

Impressions. I can definately feel the difference. Getting off the line at low acceleration seems much easier, and I hardly need to touch the go pedal to keep it at a consistent speed. It now has a nice note to it (not too loud) at low revs, but virtually not noticable at freeway cruising speeds 100km +

Acceleration is crisper, and I can definately notice that it is smoother through the rev range. When it gets over the 4.5k rpm it fairly flies, with no discernable restriction in air flow/exhaust flow.

I am yet run through my first tank of fuel, so I will have to wait to find out whether the better flow = better mileage. Will post up results by end of the week.

So first impressions are very good, and the driving and difference in the exhaust note has certainly enhanced the driving experience (i.e. I now feel like I am driving a high peformance car rather than a family wagon).

P.s. The AM Performance Split Dump was VERY well made, highly recommended. :P:yes::rofl:

Had a near full tank through this week. With the old exhaust, I would get 320km per tank (yep, I know, not good, but have yet to put on my EIBC and DFA yet), and with the split dump and exhaust mods I made it to 350km's with between 1/4 and empty still showing on the guage. So I reckon it would be going close to 370km mark - all city driving. I am taking it for a trip next weekend, so I would expect to maybe get around 450 + km then. Its a fair improvement, but I reckon the big difference will be getting the fuel ratios right. :)