SAU Community

Wolfecu

Sinful

Feed-back for the unit is going to be extremely hard, as it has only been on the market for about 2 weeks.

But from all the reports, info, etc, that i have read/discussed this is going to be a top unit and well worth the money. But remember, an ECU is only as good as the tunner :(

The bugs on my V4 have been fixed, by a simple upgrade to my mechanic's tunning software. My idle is steady, A/C is also steady, and it does not foul up plugs.

The V500 is miles better than the V4, and is said to equal or maybe better MOTEC, but only time will tell. On paper, it has the "goods", let's see what happens in practical applications.

my 2c

Feed-back for the unit is going to be extremely hard, as it has only been on the market for about 2 weeks.

But from all the reports, info, etc, that i have read/discussed this is going to be a top unit and well worth the money. But remember, an ECU is only as good as the tunner :wave:

my 2c

Ummmm

They do look like a great unit

I will have to get a Information Pack on this and check it out

They look and sound good

just gotta see how the mapping works ETC

I know neither too make a call either way.

But, does the Wolf ECU not have a knock warning sensor ??? I know the Power FC does at least have a visual of how much your engine is knocking on the read out on the handset.

The Wolf is a local product right ? How many people can tune them in Sydney would be my first and major question. Especially if you are running stock turbos.

Edited by AndyMac

Wolf ECU's and mutliple throttle bodies dont mix

I ran a Wolf 3D V4 on a 4AGE with multiple throttle bodies without any issues, as well as a Datsun A15 using mulitple throttle bodies. That car was good enough (not in my hands) to win multiple state and national titles in the under 2liter Sports Sedans.

I ran a Wolf 3D V4 on a 4AGE with multiple throttle bodies without any issues, as well as a Datsun A15 using mulitple throttle bodies. That car was good enough (not in my hands) to win multiple state and national titles in the under 2liter Sports Sedans.

Race cars dont need to transition from low percentage throttle to a point where there is good vacumm. There operation is all above this.

a lot of people complain that wolf ecu's are complicated to tune....AEM (the manufacturer of wolf products) is my friends company and knowing his character very well i can see why its functions are confusing :blink: He is a top guy and very smart and i know how hard he has been working on this new model and i am sure it will be a good product

I bought one of these older units version 4 I think it was and was ment to be a plug and play unit.....to cut a long story short it needed other mods to the trigger switch ect ...and we still had trouble tuning it in the end pulled it out and got rid of it!.....not much of a plug and play. But the new version might be alot better ! ......I was very disapointed with my wolf3D unit!

Race cars dont need to transition from low percentage throttle to a point where there is good vacumm. There operation is all above this.

The 4AGE was in a road car...

i beleive the wolf 3d compared to the the new model are allot different if you look at the specs the new unit sounds really good but as we all know everything sounds good on the box i guess ill have to wait and see but i do believe with the right person tuning this aftermarket ecu will be a winner if it does what it says it does .

anyway god it looks good :D

Any car With low Vacumm or multiple Throttles should be tuned in a TPS map Anyway

For any computer to work you will need someone who knows these well to tune it

Wolf ECU's and mutliple throttle bodies dont mix - they hardly work on single throttle body's. Comparing a Wolf to a Motec thats funny does it do ETC and cam control??
Do you know anything about the wolf : ?

Even the Wolf 3D V4+ had ETC and variable cam-control, differance is you didn't have to pay extra on top of the base price to buy the options.

MOTEC has become the ultimate ecu, because for the past 8yrs no-one could compair. But unfortunately, nothing has drastically changed and the competition (ie:wolf, etc) have kept on developing their software and ecu's. It has taken 8yrs but now they MAY be a cheaper alternative and have a very similar functionality. For those ppl that are not trained, the wolf is a very complicated ecu to tune, but if the tunner doesn't seek help then who is to blame? You will find tunners will only push/promote the ecu's they are comfortable with, and everything else (to them) is shit.

Do you know anything about the wolf : ?

Even the Wolf 3D V4+ had ETC and variable cam-control, differance is you didn't have to pay extra on top of the base price to buy the options.

MOTEC has become the ultimate ecu, because for the past 8yrs no-one could compair. But unfortunately, nothing has drastically changed and the competition (ie:wolf, etc) have kept on developing their software and ecu's. It has taken 8yrs but now they MAY be a cheaper alternative and have a very similar functionality. For those ppl that are not trained, the wolf is a very complicated ecu to tune, but if the tunner doesn't seek help then who is to blame? You will find tunners will only push/promote the ecu's they are comfortable with, and everything else (to them) is shit.

Please inform me of one car that runs an electronic throttle and independantly phases 4 camshafts. No 1 I know has done it cause the mechanical syphony of multiple bending valves is just too much for most mechanics/tuners.

I might be jumping ahead of myself here but they would want to have done a whole shite load of development since the V3 WOLF becasue plain and simple it was just shithouse!!!! And no there is nothing complicated about its tuning its quite simple really just like any of the high end ECU's.

Please inform me of one car that runs an electronic throttle and independantly phases 4 camshafts. No 1 I know has done it cause the mechanical syphony of multiple bending valves is just too much for most mechanics/tuners.

I might be jumping ahead of myself here but they would want to have done a whole shite load of development since the V3 WOLF becasue plain and simple it was just shithouse!!!! And no there is nothing complicated about its tuning its quite simple really just like any of the high end ECU's.

My bad i took ETC as "Electronic Traction Control" :). Not too sure about ETC, but you mentioned it yourself, it is limited to the mechanic's/tuner's knowledge and time.

;) OMG, your compairing the V3 :D. I totally agree, the V3 was best used as a "paper weight", but as stated above the V4 was GREATLY!! improved and the V500 is at least another 2 fold improvement again. R&D, by AEM, has developed the Wolf a loooooong way further. Better catch up with the times and have another look at the Wolf V500 :(. Especially b4 stating 'blind' comments and opinions.

boy you get a good argument here ! So i got lost at the end of all of this so do we agree that the wolf might be a good option from the power fc and alike as i do know there are some people out there that wont touch anything else but hey this is ecu stuff is to imporve your car not to sound good to your mates down the pub

I will have to do more research my self and go from there and if micro crack or alike is the better option then that is the way i will go

thankyou for all of your imput and if anyone knows of someone that get this done let me know please

later people