SAU Community

4wd Button On Dash

If we get some decent snow soon, I am going to drive the Stagea up. Not sure whether this has been on the forum before, but will the transmission suffer any damage by leaving it in 50/50 4wd for long periods.

If stageas run same attesa system as GTR's, then by leaving it in 4wd for long periods of time you'll just wear out your clutch packs in your transfer case - up to you if its worth it or not. I wouldn't bother i'd just let the attesa do its job, and if it struggles (which it shouldn't) then wack it in 50/50 split...

Its very rare for wheelspin to occur even without the 4wd button on.

The way I see it, if your wheels aren't slipping without using the 50/50 mode, then there's probably no need to use it.

Also, the way ATESSA works, I'd imagine fuel economy would suffer if you left the 50/50 4wd on all the time.

Its very rare for wheelspin to occur even without the 4wd button on.

The way I see it, if your wheels aren't slipping without using the 50/50 mode, then there's probably no need to use it.

Also, the way ATESSA works, I'd imagine fuel economy would suffer if you left the 50/50 4wd on all the time.

Thanks for your feedback guys, guess I will just let it do its stuff, unless I am driving through a couple of inches of snow.

Hi Hugh,

I am pretty sure that the snow button engages third gear in the auto, so that there is less slip during takeoffs in snow conditions. It's probably something that is more use in a country like Japan or NZ where there are more of these conditions, however its handy to have. ;)

The snow button on the centre console does that (for auto's), but the S button on the dash, (to the left of the steering column) engages full time 50/50 power to the wheels.