SAU Community

Nismo Sunshine

Saliba

Look, if your paranoid.

Dont take the car there. Its that simple mate.

There are plenty of other workshops that people can reccomend (and they have). So its either a case of get in your car and drive 30-40mins for peace of mind.

Or dont drive 30-40mins and stress out about it all.

Its quite simple, and the call is yours and yours alone

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys, ive booked it to eas performance which al recommended.

ill store dr drift's info in my phone for next time.

thanks to all who replied and helped, much appreciated.

be safe all!

go to DrDrift. One of the best mechanics around for skylines and silvias. I've been going there for 3years :P

call him: 0425 818 755.

Unit 5 / 9 Alick Rd

Brooklyn, Victoria

open up the afm and check the solder joins. for some reason just about every soldering join in the cars are dry solders. u might just have a loose connection in there somewhere. u will need to cut the black silicone off to open it and dont forget to use black silicone to put it back together

i think ive seen a how to in the diy section on fixing afms.

GOOD LUCK

thanks guys, ive booked it to eas performance which al recommended.

ill store dr drift's info in my phone for next time.

thanks to all who replied and helped, much appreciated.

be safe all!

Dr. Drift tuned a mates car by ear. he kinda like spun the bottom end. this is what he told me. i dunno what dr. drift is like

Dave if you want to try the soldiering idea, i'm willing to help. Do you have a garage and some basic tools?

hey al, yeah sweet, i got the needed tools and the garage to play around in.

no harm in checking it i mean ill probably end up getting a new afm anyway, if spraying it with elec

cleaner never fixed the problem previously i wouldnt be set that its the afm.

al, hows early saturday or sunday sound?

Not too good :D

Was think, during the week, but i forgot not everyone is bludging and pulling off a sicky this week :no:

haha today was my annual leave day ehe how about tomorrow then i finish work at about 3ish so ill be in the area around 3:30-4:00??? at the latest.

Dr. Drift tuned a mates car by ear.

Tuned by 'ear'... lol that's funny... I have my own dyno and detonation headphones, and usually have Nick listening under the bonnet for knock as well.. Please keep your bs off the forums.

Saliba - We're here most nights and weekends, feel free to pop round and introduce yourself, that way you can have a look at the workshop and see if you feel comfortable leaving your car here. Trusting your mechanic is a big part of business these days, especially with imports and so many 'so called' professionals. Just around the corner from you too. I've spoken to a few people about EAS and haven't heard a bad word said about them, and Al has always been happy, should feel comfortable with them.

Sam.

Edited by Dr_Drift

what do you know of them sky031? any problems? cuz he seemed like a really nice dood.

was helpful and shietz but maybe dats cuz he knew id be doing lots of mods.

He's a nice guy, just some of the things he says need to be taken with a grain of salt.

yeh, fred says a lot of shite....

that "GTSR" he has is shite too....

For those who are unfamiliar with the "GTS-R" it's actually a GTS2 which has been destroyed beyond recognition.

mine was the afm...

but yeh, fred says a lot of shite....

that "GTSR" he has is shite too....

You can resolder AFMs yourself, I had exact same problem. Bought second hand one of here, then checked inside the old AFM and the solder came right off cos the pod wasnt secure bumping the AFM.

yeh im going to open up the afm and see what santa has left me heh

guys thank you all for your feedback on nisma, im definately taking the sticker off my rear window which nisma put on ;p

sam ill definately pop by, as ive said ive been looking for a real good mechanic to constantly take my car too because there is quite alot i want to do.

sam could you please pm me the contacts and business hours and what days your open and so forth.

again thank you all for the posting.

stay safe!

yeh im going to open up the afm and see what santa has left me heh

guys thank you all for your feedback on nisma, im definately taking the sticker off my rear window which nisma put on ;p

sam ill definately pop by, as ive said ive been looking for a real good mechanic to constantly take my car too because there is quite alot i want to do.

sam could you please pm me the contacts and business hours and what days your open and so forth.

again thank you all for the posting.

stay safe!

hehe business hours....he's open/there like 24/7....literally...

Sam aka Dr Drift - 0425 818 755

Don't go to Nisma.

They overcharge and their work is "average" as well.

You don't need to worry about your car going missing lol, I'd be more worried about the cost!

As a general statement, expect to pay for good work. Its that simple.

Also, do yourself a favour and read the forum guidelines, specifically the part relating to business slander.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...?act=boardrules

Thanks