SAU Community

VINS you want "fasted"

Hi Guys

Can anyone check the part number for an R34 GTR Stock ECU

VIN: 6U9000BNR34000614

I just bought a Stock ECU for the R34 GTR, not sure how to confirm if its the real deal

I got a few numbers on it:

23713 AA301 and MEC05-131 A1 1Z11

Not sure which is the part number on it if it has one

Thanks in advance

thnak you very much for the help there.. btw any further info that can be "FAST" ???

cheers

wen

The model letters/numbers tell you the rest... other than that, not as far as I'm aware.

First two pics show extra details, including normal details (such as GTR VSpec2 etc)

Then you have the following factory options:

BRAK6:*BRAK6

COAT3:F/SUPER FINE HARD COATING

CVRR2:F/ADVANCED AERO SYESTEM

GLSSW:F/PRIVACY GLASS

LMRF2:*LMRF2

METS2:F/MULTI DISPLAY METER

WIPR2:F/REAR WIPER

post-3573-0-77380000-1309669001_thumb.png

post-3573-0-91163500-1309669000_thumb.png

Hi Guys

Can anyone check the part number for an R34 GTR Stock ECU

VIN: 6U9000BNR34000614

I just bought a Stock ECU for the R34 GTR, not sure how to confirm if its the real deal

I got a few numbers on it:

23713 AA301 and MEC05-131 A1 1Z11

Not sure which is the part number on it if it has one

Thanks in advance

Welcome! =-D

post-3573-0-08554200-1309669887_thumb.png

post-3573-0-37242500-1309669886_thumb.png

Oh, and alternatives, which seem to match what you have:

post-3573-0-63796900-1309670105_thumb.png

hey guys just wanted to get my R32 GTR's vin checked out just curious as what she came out of the factory with, BNR32-302343 cheers guys

hey guys just wanted to get my R32 GTR's vin checked out just curious as what she came out of the factory with, BNR32-302343 cheers guys

post-3573-0-41264800-1310232990_thumb.png

post-3573-0-45402100-1310232932_thumb.png

Hey Randy thanks for that but have I given you the wrong code should I have given you the Vin number instead of the model number? Just want to know whether or not it's a Vspec? Using the model codes identifier it is but just wanted to be sure. I'm not sure how to read the attachment. I noticed that the only difference from the one below is mine says GTR.17 in one of the boxes. My Vin is BNR32-307500 cheers.

Hey Randy thanks for that but have I given you the wrong code should I have given you the Vin number instead of the model number? Just want to know whether or not it's a Vspec? Using the model codes identifier it is but just wanted to be sure. I'm not sure how to read the attachment. I noticed that the only difference from the one below is mine says GTR.17 in one of the boxes. My Vin is BNR32-307500 cheers.

It usually brings up the same information. I'm no expert on GTR's, but I've only ever seen R33's and up called "VSpec" in that box.

Yours is not a regular GTR, according to FAST. Attached is the model code abbreviation, and the "B" in your code refers to a GTR with some difference. I would say that you are correct though... that it's a VSpec.

post-3573-0-43902700-1310290323_thumb.png

Further to this... a bit of Googling suggests that "GT-R.17" relates to a V-spec N1 model... which presumably is an uprated VSpec, right?

Different turbo's, crank and some other stuff from memory?

From Wiki:

When originally designed, the homologation rulebook mandated 16-inch wheels, so that's what the GT-R got. This limited the size of the brakes, and the Nissan four pots weren't really up to competition use. A later change in rules allowed 17-inch wheels, so in February 1993 the GT-R V-spec (for Victory) emerged wearing 17" BBS mesh wheels(225/50/17) covering larger Brembo brakes. The clutch actuation changed from a push to a pull system, the car had the standard rear differential, the electronic rear differential did not show up until the R33 Vspec. A year later the V-Spec II appeared with a new sticker and wider tires(245/45/17).[19]

So you should have bigger wheels and calipers... which VSpec's from 02-93 onwards got... being a '94 you must be on the cusp of having a VspecII ?

The RB26DETT N1 is a modified version of the RB26DETT engine, developed by Nismo (Nissan Motorsports) for Group A and Group N motorsport. Nismo found that the standard RB26DETT engine required too much maintenance for use in a Group-A or Group-N race car and consequently designed the N1 block. This was first used in Bathurst Australia. Nismo balanced the crankshaft to a higher specification than stock, as the RB26DETT engine experiences vibrations between 7000 and 8000 rpm. The engine also received improved water and oil channels within the engine block. The pistons and top piston rings were also upgraded to 1.2 mm. The N1 engine also has upgraded camshafts and upgraded turbochargers.

Although all versions of the RB26DETT N1 engine use Garrett T25 turbochargers, the specification of the turbochargers changed through the 3 generations of the RB26DETT N1 engine (R32, R33, and R34). The R32, and R33 versions used Journal Bearing T25 Turbochargers. The R34 RB26DETT N1 engine used Garrett GT25 turbo chargers (which use a Ball Bearing).

The biggest difference between the turbochargers used in the N1 engine, and the standard RB26DETT engine, is that the Turbine Wheels in the turbocharger are made from Steel, rather than the Ceramic used for the Standard RB26DETT turbochargers. The Ceramic turbine wheels are found to be very unreliable when used at high rotational speeds inducing higher centrifugal forces (such as when the turbochargers are used at a higher boost pressure than stock). With the advances in manufacturing technology such as sealing and material processes, the N1 engine is theoretically said to be able to produce in excess of 1,900 bhp (1,400 kW)

The Nismo RB26DETT N1 Engine Block uses an 86 mm bore which can be bored up to either 87 mm or 88 mm. The N1 block is stamped with an identification mark of 24U, whereas the standard RB26DETT block is marked with 05U. The RB26DETT N1 block is compatible with all GT-R engine bays.

Only two R32 GTR Bathurst cars were stripped after the competition. Parts were shipped back to Japan where it's believed some were sold to private parties in New Zealand and Australia.

There's a bit about the crankshaft and turbos... galleries etc.

So you should have bigger wheels and calipers... which VSpec's from 02-93 onwards got... being a '94 you must be on the cusp of having a VspecII ?

Well it had the bbs wheels on it but not the brembo's but I think being an ex track car and not an immaculate example of a Vspec that they were stripped before I came across the car. I know it definately had the longer crank and they were trialing all the stuff in the later model 32's that made their way into the 33 GTR's but my engine builder didn't say anything about the block being an N1 and I think it was stamped 05U but I'll have a look. Thanks anyway for all the research man I just wanted to be sure it was a Vspec as someone has been questioning it. Cheers Brodie

Well it had the bbs wheels on it but not the brembo's but I think being an ex track car and not an immaculate example of a Vspec that they were stripped before I came across the car. I know it definately had the longer crank and they were trialing all the stuff in the later model 32's that made their way into the 33 GTR's but my engine builder didn't say anything about the block being an N1 and I think it was stamped 05U but I'll have a look. Thanks anyway for all the research man I just wanted to be sure it was a Vspec as someone has been questioning it. Cheers Brodie

No worries... it caught my interest. =-]

I've been searching for the Nissan FAST software for a while now and finally found on Nissan Guild here: Nissan FAST Download

The Download, Installation, and Usage Guide for Nissan FAST is here: Download, Installating, & Using Nissan FAST

US Disc 1 (Nissan vehicles): Nissan FAST - US Disc 1

US Disc 2 (Infiniti vehicles): Nissan FAST - US Disc 2

It's the most recent 2010 edition too.

I visited Skylines Australia in my search for the Nissan FAST software and I thought it wouldn't hurt to share it with you guys either since the Nissan FAST downloads are getting pretty scare. The great thing I found out about Nissan Guild is that the Nissan FAST downloads are downloaded straight from their server in your browser (and it's lightning fast to: ~1-2mb/second), so you don't have to deal with torrents or anything else.

Hope this helps someone!

Edited by jeddy