SAU Community

VINS you want "fasted"

Nice, a real Vspec 2 N1.

Is that what the ".17" means on the end? Someone else asked this question earlier and I didn't have a good answer other than "it's not a regular GTR." =-o

hope someone can help just purchased an r33 and it has two plates, blue and green, and a silver plate in the middle with the VIN

the numbers i have from the jap blue plate is ECR33-016380

hope thats enough info?

Correct information (as per my signature), but the VIN seems to be invalid. It would appear to be a series 1 (early ) number, but perhaps there is a digit incorrect there?

I changed the last digit (0) to an "8" incase that's the mixup, and it is a valid number.

post-3573-0-14501500-1313181996_thumb.png

Is that what the ".17" means on the end? Someone else asked this question earlier and I didn't have a good answer other than "it's not a regular GTR." =-o

The .17 means GT-R with 17 inch wheels aka Vspec.

The model number ends in ZN which is N1.

Stupidly rare car, has been auctioned in Japan twice in the last 6 months.

Correct information (as per my signature), but the VIN seems to be invalid. It would appear to be a series 1 (early ) number, but perhaps there is a digit incorrect there?

I changed the last digit (0) to an "8" incase that's the mixup, and it is a valid number.

post-3573-0-14501500-1313181996_thumb.png

hi, incorrect my car is 2door, is automatic, is skyline r33, it has hicas, the vin says ECR33-016380 - checked a few times.

then the green vin starts with 6E91xxxxxxxx05053

the plate also has written under the ECR33

GGKBRNTNR33EDAA

KH2 K

RB25DE

AGAIN I AM CONFUSED.

The .17 means GT-R with 17 inch wheels aka Vspec.

The model number ends in ZN which is N1.

Stupidly rare car, has been auctioned in Japan twice in the last 6 months.

Ah yes, bigger wheels for sure... I get that now. N1 is the Nismo enhanced version, and we can deduce that it's a VSpecII because they were introduced in 1994?

Wiki:

To celebrate the success of the GT-R in both Group N and Group A racing, Nissan introduced the Skyline GT-R V-Spec ("Victory SPECification") car on February 3, 1993. The V-Spec added Brembo brakes and a retuned ATTESA E-TS system to the Nismo and N1 packages, as well as 17" BBS wheels with 225/45/17 tires. The V-Spec has a list price of ¥5,260,000.

Finally on February 14, 1994 the Skyline GT-R V-Spec II was released, with the only change being wider 245/45/17 tires. In addition, both the V-Spec and V-Spec II had a curb weight of 1,480 kg (3,256 lbs), weighing 50 kg (110 lbs) more than the standard GT-R.[11] Total production of the V-Spec I and II was 1,453 and 1,303 units respectively.

Oh wow... that *is* rare! haha!

hi, incorrect my car is 2door, is automatic, is skyline r33, it has hicas, the vin says ECR33-016380 - checked a few times.

then the green vin starts with 6E91xxxxxxxx05053

the plate also has written under the ECR33

GGKBRNTNR33EDAA

KH2 K

RB25DE

AGAIN I AM CONFUSED.

Well, I don't want to tell you that it's fake VIN or a grey import or anything like that, but i've not come across any VIN that hasn't populated in the software.

The model should work but even that does not. I know there are 100 R32's that were locally delivered, but to my knowledge no R33's were ever locally delivered... so I would expect that as a Japanese R33, it should be in this Japanese database.

Could you take a picture of the plate?

hi,

I have registration papers with that 6E91 vin number, I have now taken photos of the vin from japan, and it definitely says ECR33, could it be the GTS4 it is the RB25DE engine and it is coupe and auto, it may be the GTS25, my main point is, does the vin plate says RB25DET if its turbo or does it just say RB25DE?

I am confused, I have all the paperwork, and the original owners 'National Warranty Company' booklet for victorians, as this car was bought in VIC and transferred through regency to SA, as i have the regency papers.

I just want to know if its a factory GTST or a GTS or GTS25 or what? different people are telling me, different things. if someone is able to email me privately i could send them the photos of the VIN and COMPLIANCE plates?

thanks

G'day mate could you check this vin it's meant to be a 1990 r32 gtr nismo gunmetal kh2 paint code

Vin: BNR32-100032

Model: KBNR32RXFSL RA

also if it's possible to find out If it had a/c and radio as I've been told that it was an option on the nismo

hi,

I have registration papers with that 6E91 vin number, I have now taken photos of the vin from japan, and it definitely says ECR33, could it be the GTS4 it is the RB25DE engine and it is coupe and auto, it may be the GTS25, my main point is, does the vin plate says RB25DET if its turbo or does it just say RB25DE?

I am confused, I have all the paperwork, and the original owners 'National Warranty Company' booklet for victorians, as this car was bought in VIC and transferred through regency to SA, as i have the regency papers.

I just want to know if its a factory GTST or a GTS or GTS25 or what? different people are telling me, different things. if someone is able to email me privately i could send them the photos of the VIN and COMPLIANCE plates?

thanks

If it was originally a GTS4 (i.e it is 4wd) it would be ENR33. I tried them all this morning, and no combination would work.

F = CA18

H = RB20

E = RB25

B = RB26

C = Super HICAS

N = Atessa

R = Chassis

CHASSIS CODES

-ER -- GTS25

-HR -- GTS

-ECR -- GTS25t

-ENR -- GTS-4

-BCNR -- GTR

Yes, if it says ECR, it is a turbo chassis/engine. The brakes are different, the number of wheel studs are different... i'm sure there are many other differences. If you had a motor swap, and you have a DE (Dual overhead, EFI) then either the plate is wrong, or the motor was swapped out.

So... if your chassis was a turbo model you should have 5-stud wheels, a stronger gearbox (not sure how to tell, but it could be a manual-only thing), obviously you'd have no boost gauge in the dash. The side-mount intercooler would have plumbed through the engine bay via two holes infront of the air filter box. That should be very obvious.

Check those things? If the chassis has all non-turbo parts, I would *guess* there is something wrong with that plate. Strangely though, that plate doesn't belong to another chassis... it just doesn't exist. =-o

Let us know.

-Steve