You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Hi all,   Just went to change the oil and filter and noticed a leak. Tough to see exactly where its coming from, certainly from the hot side   Any ideas ? or could it just be coming from the reservoir. Haven’t noticed the leak before and I regularly check under the car for leaks. Does look like its coming from up higher, and making its way down   Few pictures attached   Thanks
    • Ok, so i've uploaded the changes i made during the week to the car (MAP prediction, LTFT, a few other things).   First thing was drivability (on-off throttle in light traffic, roundabouts etc) was very improved. i am experimenting with turning off/on the decel fuel cut. See how that goes, it drives awesome on/off throttle at cruise speeds as its not jerky when constantly fueling. The most annoying hurdle i have atm is the idle staying about 300rpm high when i roll to a stop, hanging high for ages, or until i touch the throttle. Not sure what this could be, something to do with closed loop interfering due to a bad setting? And some jerkiness is still there as the car slows to a slow roll... smoother idle has helped i think
    • Hope that gets forgotten. Dogs are worse than kids. I used to have a gardening encyclopaedia that listed both children and dogs under the section on garden pests. I include inside the house as part of the garden now.
    • This. Shaft play is not "broken". Turbine in thousands of crumbs in your cat converter. That's broken. It will explode suddenly and you will immediately lose all boost and any hope of ever making boost again. It can happen today, it can happen tomorrow. It might take another 5 years. It can happen at 10 psi, at 12 psi, at 17 psi. Mine blew as it came on boost so it wouldn't have even spooled all the way up and was probably only making 5 psi at the instant it let go. Yes. I drive it hard regularly. Most miles are done commuting, but it gets the arse hung out on every roundabout, every on ramp and no wanker in a Commodore is allowed to win at the lights.
    • Shaft play won't tell you much in this case, the ceramic wheel is bonded to the shaft which is where it lets go